Is it really worth it to update my LG G3 to Lollipop?
ChelleOfEvil

I've already had to warranty out one phone due to hardware problems, thi one is having major lag and crashing issues, and now everything I read about Lollipop is making me feel like I shouldn't even try to update my software.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it really worth it to update my LG G3 to Lollipop?
Snn5
Legend

If you factory reset your phone and charge to 100%, then take the update and even factory reset again right after and before setting up the phone again, then you should have no issues.

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

If you factory reset your phone and charge to 100%, then take the update and even factory reset again right after and before setting up the phone again, then you should have no issues.

Elwood76
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, it isn't worth upgrading to.  There are several useless changes, and the phone is now responding more sluggishly.  It only updated earlier today, so I'll admit to not having thoroughly tested out everything.  And I have not yet noticed the battery drain and slow recharge issues that others have.  The change to the home touch buttons is simply stupid.  The old icons were intuitively obvious as to what they were for (well, maybe the Recent Apps icon wasn't quite so obvious).  Now they look like symbols from a drivers license test - "what does this sign mean?".   The change to the Recent Apps screen is similarly idiotic.  Now the recent apps are shown as a series of cascading screens rather than displaying each app screen side by side as it was before, which in my opinion made it much easier to see what was there.  I also noticed that after viewing several new emails, when I went back to the home screen, it still indicated that I had 5 new emails.  Which I didn't.  It is also telling me that my email was "Updated 10:53 AM".  It is now 8:15 PM, and the time is set and showing correctly on the phone.  I'm wondering how many other "little" issues I'm going to find...?