Is there a fix to the wifi connectivity problem caused by the 6.0 Marshmallow update?
GRT60s

Is there a fix to the wifi connectivity problem caused by the 6.0 Marshmallow update?   This is [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].  I'm going to go over my data plan because wifi does not work.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Is there a fix to the wifi connectivity problem caused by the 6.0 Marshmallow update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GRT60s,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with your WiFi connectivity. Let's make sure everything's up and running for you. We don't want you to go over. Can you please describe what you're experiencing? Have you tried deleting and reconnecting to saved wifi networks?

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Is there a fix to the wifi connectivity problem caused by the 6.0 Marshmallow update?
GRT60s

Hi Eric,

My phone is not connecting to any wifi networks.   This is true at home, at work, and at a hotel I stayed in.   When I turn on the wifi, I get intermitteant messages that say "xyz network has been disconnected".  Then I go into my settings and look at the networks.   The one I am trying to connect with will indicate/say "saved".  Then it will change to connecting,  I occasionally get a message that the network is disconnected.

I thought perhaps my wifi passcodes got messed up.  I've tried rebooting many times, and also re-entering the wifi codes many times.

Then I tried "forgetting" the wifi network and reconnecting, doing this with and without the combination of a reboot.

Then I went into my setting > backup and reset > network settings > and reset these.

Then at home I tried resetting/rebooting my router.  I unplugged it for 10 minutes.None of these have helped.

Here are some sone screen shots.  The top two networks shown in the screen shots are both my home network.  I can't connect on either frequency.

Thanks,

[personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information GRT60s, it is very helpful. You indicate in your original post that issue started after software update. Upon review of my resources, I see that a factory reset may resolve post software update issues. Please do a factory reset as per this link: http://spr.ly/6583B5FjU

It is crucial that you disable Automatic Restore as per this link when you perform the factory reset: http://spr.ly/6584B5Fjq
Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes