JUNK!
upsetwverizon

So I got a G4 on November 15 (btw) I'm still waiting on my rebate.  Anyway, the volume doesn't always work, it turns it self off, opens apps by it's self, battery dies within 6 hours (no apps open) so i took it to Verizon today and asked what my Options were.  I was told my store warranty was up.  I would have to call to get a USED phone under warranty, so I asked about just getting a different phone.  I was told because I am under the payment option I owe $600.00 on my phone.  (Remember I bought it ON November 15th) it is worth 100.00 if I turn it in. WTH!!!   We are now leaving Verizon and going to AT& T because of the deprecation on the phone.  They deprecate worse than cars do.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: JUNK!
Tidbits
Legend

AT&T would do the same. All carriers will. Anything past the return window happens.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

AT&T would do the same. All carriers will. Anything past the return window happens.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Oh and yes phone depreciate faster than cars do. Right now if someone tried to sell me a G4 I wouldn't pay more than $300 for it regardless of age as I would rather hold out in the new few months newer devices are going to come out.

kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You will almost always get more by selling a phone yourself than you would by trading it in. As mentioned, it doesn't matter what carrier you go with. If you want to change to a different phone after their return/exchange period (usually 14 days) then you can't unless you buy a new one at full retail upfront, in your case pay off the remaining balance for the device payment plan (or if they have a program where you can pay a certain percentage off and then turn the device in for a new one on a new device payment plan), or buy one from a 3rd party (such as eBay, Gazelle, Swappa, etc). Outside of that warranty replacements will be refurbished devices with the rare exception being if the device is recently released and no refurbished devices are available or it is so old that refurbished devices no longer exist so they have to replace it with what they deem a comparable device.

Snn5
Legend

LG G5 Feb 2016 FTW.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

H811 is now receiving 6.0 as I type.

0 Likes
procnotdefined