LG G3 Latest Update
TimmaLGG3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since I updated my LG G3 my phone sucks now, specifically the Wi-Fi which keeps losing signal and sometimes won't let me connect even when the password is right. I read going into safe mode could fix this meaning it's a app that is causing the issues, but no more than ten minutes into browsing the internet and I've gotten 2 to 3 messages saying my internet is disconnected and then re-connects a few seconds later. Obviously it's got to be the update cause everything worked fine prior and even in safe mode with just the original apps functioning the issue still pertains! I already feel I pay too much for just my wife and I's phones with only 3gb shared data, I don't need this also! Anything anyone can suggest would be helpful. Verizon feel free to chime in on this little discussion and share your 2 cents which is about as much as your worth!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 Latest Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wifi is essential for supplimenting our data usage. We would be happy to help try and get this turned around for you.It was good to try safe mode. In this situation we suggest a master reset and retesting without logging into gmail.  The steps are listed here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112585/. If you perform the reset and still have the issue without reloading applications, please try the repair assistant located here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-164676/. Please make sure that your information has been backed up 1st.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
steviewencha
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have this issue also. Verizon has yet to solve it.

0 Likes
Buddy-James

Same issue here,  I have discovered that wifi has issues with the 2.4ghz band.  If your router is capable of 5ghz wireless then the G3 marshmallow update works fine.  Unfortunately most routers do not have the 5ghz wifi band

0 Likes
steviewencha
Enthusiast - Level 3

My internet company is coming out on Monday. I have an HTC One M8 and it was just fine until the recent update. Verizon's solution is for me to pay off the remaining cost of my phone and get a new one. I'm thinking you're on the spot with the modem idea.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wifi is essential for supplimenting our data usage. We would be happy to help try and get this turned around for you.It was good to try safe mode. In this situation we suggest a master reset and retesting without logging into gmail.  The steps are listed here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112585/. If you perform the reset and still have the issue without reloading applications, please try the repair assistant located here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-164676/. Please make sure that your information has been backed up 1st.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Buddy-James

Bobby,  I have tried factory resets through the phone and using the verizon desktop support app thinking that the pts was corrupt.  No change.  I have been having wifi issues with my verizon tips router for a week now.  I decided to get out, dust off and configure my old linksys ea4500 router to function simply as a wifi access point and configuring both the 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands as separate wifi networks.  No matter what is done the marshmallow update on the vs985 has network connectivity issues on the 2.4ghz band.  And like I said in my previous post, only the 5ghz band works consistently.  It's a shame because 2.4ghz wifi worked just fine when I had lollipop.

0 Likes
RichG10168

Several functions changed, like caller id+ring now creates its own ringtone instead of the ringtones selected for that number. Aps on the home pages no longer can be arranged the way I want them, now the are arranged in the order added to the screen. I hate the changes, they were not what I bought, but I guess Verizon figures if they screw up our phones, we will all buy new Samsung. The get the biggest profits from Samsung.

How can we get Verizon or whoever to change the functionality back to what we paid for?

0 Likes