LG G3 Marshmallow update - now camera doesn't work!
mastockmyer1015
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an LG G3 that I updated around March 8th.  Since the update, I cannot access the rear camera, even with outside camera apps.   The update before that made the camera just not work at all. 

The rear camera doesn't work!  Just the front camera, (as if it's the rear) and it will take the photos upside down. The pictures that I do take with the front camera cannot be edited, nor will the pictures save - even on the memory card.

I've tried a factory reset, disabling the phone app and restarts, and nothing.  I paid a lot of money for this phone, and it seems now that it's no longer in warranty I can't get it fixed??  Is this a Verizon issue?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 Marshmallow update - now camera doesn't work!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would be the way to do it, mastockmyer1015. Thanks for confirming.

It would appear that a repair is needed in this situation. Now while we don't have a hardware repair department, the manufacturer does have this capability. Use the Contact Us at the bottom of the page to seek options http://www.lg.com/us/support/cell-phones With the warranty expired this will be your best option. Alternatively Verizon Wireless does carry a Certified Pre Owned LG-G3 if you are not in a position to upgrade now: http://www.verizonwireless.com/devices/certified-pre-owned/

DavidHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mastockmyer1015

Software updates are intended to provide customers a better wireless experience, not worse. I would love to assist you with your wireless device.

Do you get an error message when taking pictures using the rear facing camera? You also mentioned factory resetting your device. What steps did you take to reset the device? Did you test the camera again after resetting the device, but prior to reloading your applications back on to your device? Please let me know so that I can further assist.

AnthonyTa_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
waylon_h25
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue, except my pictures (front facing only and also upside down) do save. There is not even an icon to switch between front and rear cameras on the factory camera app anymore. I have done a factory reset, I have tried a two 3rd party camera apps, I removed all other apps that use the camera, and I even replaced the rear camera just tonight. Still nothing.

mastockmyer1015
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have gone through the settings menu, and chosen factory reset.

I have tried the power, volume down, and back button.

Have not reinstalled apps, and still nothing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

waylon_h25, I can’t imagine having a camera that cannot save photos. Let’s get to the bottom of this. Thanks for providing what troubleshooting you’ve already done. This way we can be sure nothing is being repeated.

Has your device been in contact with any type of liquid? Does it have any physical damage to the device? Have you tried launching the camera when in Safe Mode?

MarkP_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would be the way to do it, mastockmyer1015. Thanks for confirming.

It would appear that a repair is needed in this situation. Now while we don't have a hardware repair department, the manufacturer does have this capability. Use the Contact Us at the bottom of the page to seek options http://www.lg.com/us/support/cell-phones With the warranty expired this will be your best option. Alternatively Verizon Wireless does carry a Certified Pre Owned LG-G3 if you are not in a position to upgrade now: http://www.verizonwireless.com/devices/certified-pre-owned/

DavidHH_VZW

0 Likes
waylon_h25
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried using my camera in safe mode, but there is still not an icon displayed to switch between front/rear camera. After exiting safe mode and opening the camera, magically the icon is there and the camera functions properly. However, after I restart the phone, the problem comes back; no front/rear switching icon for the camera. I go to safe mode again, exit safe mode again, and once again the front/rear camera icon is there and it works...until I restart the phone again. This is a very cumbersome way to get the camera to function properly. If this helps you find a resolution to this issue, great! If not, I guess I'm stuck with this POS until December.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are not giving up waylon_h25. We are still here and will find a solution to your unique issue. Your findings are great. When the factory reset was performed, did your 3rd party applicationsand content restore again? Does the phone have any physical/water damage?
JorgeO_VZW

0 Likes
waylon_h25
Enthusiast - Level 2

No water damage, no damage whatsoever. I had to reload all my apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming, I am glad to know there is no liquid or physical damage on the phone. We have to ask that you try the reset again and this time do not load your applications back as we need to test the phone like it is brand new out of the box.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes