LG G3 - New Update has caused major issues!
eskmoksses
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help!!!

I ran the new update this morning, and my phone has gone to heck since then! It started running really slow, then suddenly shutting itself off and turning back on again. As the day has gone on, now it will I will be in the middle of doing something and I get the blue screen of death, then it shuts off and powers back on again. It's happening REGULARLY now!

I did not have a single issue before the update - it was perfectly fine! This is so upsetting.. Is there any way to uninstall the update??

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 - New Update has caused major issues!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Casperella I’m sad to learn you are having issues with the device. The 11th reset would be driving me crazy. I am going to ask you to backup and save your information before we have you complete a master reset. Once you backup click the link for instructions on how to master reset the phone. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/112585
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
eskmoksses
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now it's completely shut off and won't turn back on Smiley Sad

0 Likes
ptibbits
Enthusiast - Level 2

same problems with mine. would be great to get answers/suggestions from verizon and/or any community member.

0 Likes
ptibbits
Enthusiast - Level 2

i should clarify in case verizon support takes a look . . . my symptoms were slightly different. 3 different times today, in the middle of using my lg g3, the screen display would shake a bit (sort of like in a movie when a bad guy takes over a television channel), stabilize for a second, and then dim all the way to black. when i would swipe my finger, i'd be on the lock screen. so i don't think mine shut down all the way and restarted.

0 Likes
casperella
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having horrible issues on my LG G3 after the latest software update yesterday morning (3/30/16). I am completely unable to use my phone today.  Issues I've noticed:

• It is now on it's 4th round of "Android is starting...optimizing app # of ###....." for the day.  It is constantly restarting on it's own, going from the red Verizon startup screen to this optimizing app screen.
  • Prior to this (yesterday) I also noticed issues with the SD card where it will un-mount, eject and then remount itself constantly.  I checked the SD card and it looks to be securely in place.
  • In between all the restarts, I've noticed my settings get changed back to the default settings.  My sound and display profiles do not stay on my own choices.

I would really appreciate it if Verizon or anyone can help direct me to a way to fix these issues!

Thanks.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’m sorry to hear these issues happened after the recent update, casperella. Software updates should be making the phone run smoothly. Let’s make sure everything gets resolved. Will your phone get past the application optimizing screen? Please share details.

Since these issues started right after the update we will want to first test it out in safe mode to see if the issue is related to an application not being optimized correctly. Please attempt these steps if your phone allows you to: http://vz.to/1KlNmWJ . Please keep us posted.

AnthonyC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
casperella
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi AnthonyC_VZW,

Since my last post, my phone had finished optimizing the applications and has not started another round.  I was able to put it into safe mode.  I will keep it in safe mode for now, please let me know what my next steps are.

Thanks.

0 Likes
casperella
Enthusiast - Level 2

update:  with safe mode on.  a notification has popped up on the phone "SD card unexpectedly removed.  Eject before removing to avoid data loss"

0 Likes
eskmoksses
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried again earlier today - It shut down on me several times, then the red Verizon boot up screen would show, then a blue screen, then the phone shut off.

I've since put the phone in safe mode like your instructions noted.

0 Likes
eskmoksses
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried again earlier today - It shut down on me several times, then the red Verizon boot up screen would show, then a blue screen, then the phone shut off.

I've since put the phone in safe mode like your instructions noted.

0 Likes