LG G3 Phone and latest updated by Verizon Issues
DANBEL67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed the latest updated pushed by Verizon on August 8th for my LG G3 phone and the update made my phone not boot past the red Verizon screen. I have not had any issues with my phone prior to the update.  I performed all the normal steps to alleviate the problem, pulled the battery, booted and tried to clear cache, restore factory defaults, and also installed LG tools to flash firmware and load new OS files. I also called Verizon support for assistance and their checklist was everything I had already tried and they couldn;t recommend anything new. Of course they offered to sell me a new phone as I am still in contract.

I am reaching out to the community to see if anyone else with the LG G3 phone has had similar issues with upgrades and their resolution to the problem.

Verizon has had many stumbling blocks over the past year and I find it humorous that the message I received to take their survey on my recent support incident by calling an 800 number has been down for 2 days. I also informed a coworker on my latest upgrade experience on the LG G3, which he has, and he hasn;t performed the latest upgrade, he attempted to get the upgrade info version and details but it took him to a Verizon web page that was unavailable. 

If anyone has experienced issues with the latest update from Verizon on the LG G3 as I mentioned above and has recommendations on a fix, please reply.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 Phone and latest updated by Verizon Issues
Jhedman22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have not applied the update yet. But thank you for writing this as it helps me think twice before I apply it. I was pretty leery of actually applying this update when I noticed that the information link for it doesn't even work. 

It's quite annoying that the phone reminds me every single time I click away from the update screen that I need to apply the system update.

Hope others can chime in on this forum pretty soon. I think I'll be waiting for little while though.

0 Likes
ThatLukeGuy

Right after this update my LG G3 has been acting up.  It reset and failed to update the phone, then the screen went black, and the indicator/notification light at the top started flashing red/blue/red/blue etc.

This happens even with the SUA.

After several factory resets, the phone will not complete the update.  It fails between 10% and 20% with Err: 0x1123004

I have contacted LG and Google about the error code and they have no clue what it is.  I'm currently waiting for Verizon lvl2 Tech Support to call me back (hopefully with good news).

0 Likes
Jhedman22
Enthusiast - Level 2

And seriously, no updates from Verizon on the issue?  I'm being really annoyed myself, I can't get rid of the update notice.  If I can't apply this soon without issues, I will never buy s oboe from Verizon again, I will buy direct from Google our Apple.

Have you any luck getting it fixed yet?

0 Likes
DANBEL67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has not been able to help out at all.  I have contacted LG and they want me to send my phone back to them to look at. The only thing Verizon has been able to help with is a found one of my old phones at home and they activated it on my account.  I am stuck with a 5-year-old phone for now.  

0 Likes
Jhedman22
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's unreal...Sorry for your issues, but I guess it shouldn't be surprising...

I've been able to silence the update reminders over and over by disabling the update service over and over...

Pain but it's better than getting a reminder every time I unlock the phone.

0 Likes
ThatLukeGuy

No fix yet.  I did get a text from the Tier 2 support team saying that they are still collaborating with LG and working on the issue.

0 Likes
DANBEL67
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so done with Verizon.  Tried working with Customer Support again tonight on fix/upgrade options.  Spent over 2 hours on the phone with different departments and it was comical. Neither department could explain my upgrade options with the current weekend promotion on the edge plan.  They couldn;t even explain what a "Non-Damaged Phone" is for upgrade options.  They kept stressing you didn't; have insurance on the phone.  When I mentioned in my current situation the insurance financially didn't make sense they couldn't understand.  I am on the edge plan in month 20 and my phone died.  I owe $75 total on my phone lease, and have $30 a month data/cell plan. So my total cost for the next 3 months is $75 for phone lease and $120 for the cell/data plan, total of $195. If I had purchase insurance, I would have paid $6 a month and had a $150 deductible, for a total of $294 for this issue.    

They may have a good network but the true test of a company is not how they can sell you new services or equipment, but  how they handle a customer that has been with them for 22 years when an issue arises.  I haven't had any issues in the past asking for concessions, just paid my bill and upgraded my phones.

There are a lot of good options out there to switch carriers.  Some may not have a network like Verizon but I am going to make the switch.

22 years on Verizon and no customer loyalty. I was treated like a first-year customer, not someone who has spent over $25,000, This will allow me to be more understanding of others networks if they take care of their customers. My company also uses Verizon for their devices and I will be looking to make a switch after I investigate other carriers.   

I have spoken to other Verizon customers that have had issues with their phones at end of contract. and mentioned updates have slowed their phone down or made it non-operational.  Everyone that had issues mentioned they believe it was to have them upgrade,  I also work with someone that is a customer of Sprint and had a Samsung Note phone and their recent upgrade made the phone non-usable.  When he contacted Sprint they replaced the phone at no charge.  It was out of warranty and he didn;t have insurance on the phone.  That is customer service I am looking for.  Also didn;t the Verizon guy move tp Sprint, Can you hear me NOW.  Smiley Happy

Sorry for the Rant, but I am pissed off with Verizon and want to make others know of their practices  to make informed decisions on their cell phone provider.

Jhedman22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doesn't help danbel67, but I have to report on my update progress.  After basically being forced to install this update, which I have to tell you is B.S., I finally caved and installed it.  So far phone seems okay but I was sure ready to walk into the Verizon store and let them have it.

I can surely say this, I will never buy another phone from Verizon though, it will be direct and it will be unlocked.  Not that the big V will care though.