LG G3 Wifi password not accepted after update
cphillips82

My LG G3 installed the latest update this morning and now it won't stay connected to my home wifi network.

I can see my network under the wifi menu and when I click connect it obtains an IP address and connects as normal.  The problem is that after it connects I've been getting a good 20-30 seconds of internet and then the connection just drops and I get a message that says the wifi password wasn't accepted.  When I reopen the wifi settings menu under my wifi connection it says authentication problem, and when I click on it, it asks for my wifi password again, then the process repeats.

Now, I've checked that the password is correct 1000 times and there's no way it's been input wrong.  I've restarted the phone, pulled the battery on the phone, reset the wireless router, logged into the router and updated the firmware, reset it again, reset the phone again.  I've tried "forgetting" the network and then reconnecting to it, no luck.  When my phone first connects I can look at the attached devices from my router and see my phone on there.

My wife also has an LG G3 that she got the same time as mine that she hasn't performed the update on yet and she's having no issues, also we have 2 iPads and my daughters iPhone4.  The only device having issues is my LG G3 since the update this morning.  I've been searching a lot online and not really finding anyone else with this issue.  Please help!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 Wifi password not accepted after update
BrandonSteinert
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just in case people are still having problems, I managed to solve mine - after doing everything mentioned in this post, I finally found this article: Android Marshmallow problems and how to fix them - AndroidPIT

I updated all my apps, then cleared app cache data.

Some old data from some apps was causing the issue. After dealing with this for a week, it is a breath of fresh air to have a strong wifi signal again! Smiley Happy

Probably not the solution for everybody, but it worked for me!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cphillips82, I personally know the importance of using Wi-Fi. Let's get to the bottom of this issue.

I see you've done a quite of troubleshooting yourself, so thank you for providing me the steps you've already taken. I do not want to repeat anything that has already been done. By any chance, have you tried to reconnect your device to the Wi-Fi after a fresh reset or on Safe-Mode? This will help determine if there's something on the phone that's causing the error.

Follow these steps to put your phone into Safe Mode. http://vz.to/1QPCa16

Keep us posted on what happens.

MarkPP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
cphillips82

Thank you so much for your response.  After putting the phone into safe mode the wifi signal appeared to be functioning normally.  I was able to connect, browse various webpages, I even left the phone for awhile and came back and everything was still connected and acting normal.  I then restarted the phone back into normal mode and the wifi problems restarted.  So am I looking at deleting apps 1 by 1 or just doing a factory reset from this point?

0 Likes
billborg22

Cphillops82, would you happen to have snap chat?

0 Likes
Mazieea

I'm having the same problem, and I do have Snapchat. Does that have something to do with it?

0 Likes
Mazieea

I deleted Snapchat and some other apps and i am still getting the same error message...

0 Likes
billborg22

I noticed this most when I first installed snapchat back into my phone

(post marshmallow update). The reason I took snapchat off my phone (3 years

ago) was because I noticed that it would glitch and almost turn my screen

into a rainbow. When I took it off, I never noticed it since. I truly

believe that this is a cause, but I am not a tech. I'm testing a few

setting in snapchat to see i can get around deleting it. I currently am

testing this:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/08/11/how-to-use-less-snapchat-data-and-get-better-battery-life/

I would be interested in comparing results, if you wouldn't mind trying it

out.

0 Likes
billborg22

Did you try running safe mode for a few normal hours?

0 Likes
Mazieea

I did, still nothing

0 Likes
billborg22

I haven't had it pop up since I changed the data setting in snap chat, that

I sent you the article for earlier. But I am going to continue testing for

a few days.

0 Likes