Re: LG G3 Wifi password not accepted after update
almsracing

I am having an issue with this as well.  If I turn off cell data and put the phone in airplane mode, I am getting great speed and connectivity over wifi.  

Wifi on/cell data off/airplane mode on - 31ms ping ~30Mb down ~10Mb up

Wifi on/cell data off/airplane mode off - 336ms ping, .17Mb down .14Mbup

Wifi on/cell data on/airplane mode off - Unable to complete, Speedtest reports Network communication issues.

0 Likes
almsracing

Forgot to mention, this was happening before Marshmallow upgrade

0 Likes
billborg22

A few of my devices did that same thing, but stopped, and when MM was

introduced just my G3 started again. I never put two and two together until

you said it was preMM.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016, 11:32 AM almsracing <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Carolmctague
Enthusiast - Level 2

almsracing, wow, I did your suggestion and it has made a world of difference!  Thank you!  Any idea why this works or what the problem might be?

0 Likes
Hojo_schreck

I've been dealing with the same issue for 2 weeks now. Everyone at the Verizon store thinks it's my problem. I even got a new router from Comcast. Did a factory reset and it worked great for a day but then I had Bluetooth problems with my truck. Then last night it went back to doing the same thing. My smart tv plays videos faster than my phone at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hojo_schreck, we know how important it is for all the features on your phone to work properly for you. Is your phone up to date with its software? Do yo have any network monitoring apps that can be removed?
StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hojo_schreck

StevenG,

It was after the Marshmallow upgrade. I had numerous issues with lollipop but not this severe. The Airplane Mode trick does work - if I turn on Airplane mode with wifi, the connection works great. Any app or webpage works just fine. If I go back to regular mode, wifi works terrible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to get this resolved for you asap. Sometimes, when a new software update is released it conflicts with the applications already downloaded on your phone. Have you recently backed up your device?
NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Hojo_schreck

Yes I backed up my phone last week and performed a factory reset. I had some issues restoring phone calls and messages but the phone and wifi worked fine for about a day then went back to performing the same way before the reset.

0 Likes
almsracing

Regarding this issue, i continued to troubleshoot after my last post, and found it is related to Bluetooth being turned on.  If I have Bluetooth enabled, my phone will not use WiFi even though it shows as connected.  Because most applications prefer WiFi, they won't even fail back to cell data if they see the phone is connected to a wireless network.

0 Likes