LG G3 bluetooth no longer playing media
alane3

Recently my LG G3 will not longer connect & play media on any bluetooth device. I have unpaired/paired different devices because I thought it might be the headset/speaker. None of my accessories will play music. I have done a soft reset, removed the battery (gave me a temporary fix) and nothing is working!!!! I enjoy listening to music & this is very frustrating. I have gone settings>bluetooth>pressed 3 dots in corner> chosen turn on audio channel mode and it will still only connect to call audio. When I go to settings>bluetooth>click the gear>and looked for box for media and there isn't one.

Not sure why my phone started doing this because it happened out of the blue. my last update happened March 2 (over month ago) so very unhappy about this problem!!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 bluetooth no longer playing media
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that great information Kin_Yip. Let’s go ahead and place the phone in Safe Mode to test the connection. Here’s a link to turn on Safe Mode http://vz.to/2tUgrBm . Once Safe Mode is on, you will notice all your third party applications are temporally disabled. You may want to try a song stored on the phone or Google Music. Test the Bluetooth connection a few times to ensure it stays working. Let us know the results.

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alane3

I listen to music all the time through my phone so I understand the importance of this issue. Sound like you have attempted many steps to resolve the issue. The next step you will want to try is resetting the network settings. See here: http://vz.to/2payCEP  If the issue continues you will want to perform a factory data reset, see here: http://vz.to/2paFOAQ If you have to take that route please backup your phone first so that all of your personal data will be saved. 

Edward_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kin_Yip
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I started to have this problem since last Friday when I tried to listen to music in my LG G3 via Bluetooth in my car (Honda Fit) --- I don't do this every day.  The "media audio option would disappear when I shut off Bluetooth and turn it back on.

Network reset or even factory reset has only solved the problem temporarily.  I found that if I keep the Bluetooth on in my LG G3, the "media audio" option in Bluetooth would remain (and listening music in my car via Bluetooth would be fine).   But when I turn off the Bluetooth and then turn it back on later, the "media audio" option would disappear !

The simplest way that I can get back to "media option" is to turn off Bluetooth and power off/restart the LG G3.   Then, when I turn on the Bluetooth after the restart, the "media audio" would be there.  But it's annoying that I need to do so and I haven't needed to do so before last week.

I hope that there is a more permanent solution.

Kin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kin_Yip, I listen to music all the time in my car as well and can’t imagine going without it. Is this happening with all other devices (headphones, other cars)? Please ensure you have unpaired from the car and re-pair with it. Let us know if there're any changes.

StevenM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Kin_Yip
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

I don't have other cars or other things to test.  But I've got friends' smartphone to test with my car and they

don't have this problem.

Actually, after trying for many many times (unpairing and pairing), I've learnt to just check whether there is "media audio" in the Bluetooth.

When the "media audio" is absent in the Bluetooth (setting), you can't play music in the car.     Which I've verified many many times.  [   When the "media audio" is absent, even though the "call audio" is there, the car would just tell you "Connection failed.  Please try again."   ]

That's, just check whether the "media audio" is absent or not to know that there is a problem, you don't need any car or anything to test.   I've verified this many many times.

As other people said in other forums, if I keep "Bluetooth" on, the "media audio" will always be there (and you'll have no problem in playing music in the car).   But just like this morning, after keeping the "Bluetooth" on for almost 2 days, when I just switched off the "Bluetooth" and switched it on after a minute, the "media audio" disappeared.  Problem !     After I switched off the Bluetooth again and rebooted my LG G3, the "media audio" will show up in Bluetooth when I first turned it on.

So, somehow, there is something in LG G3 which likes to take "media audio" away from the Bluetooth setting for unknown/mysterious reason ?!!!

0 Likes
Kin_Yip
Enthusiast - Level 3

In case, it's not clear, when I said "media audio disappeared", I meant (just like "alane3") that

the option of clicking on "media audio" in

"settings>bluetooth>HandsFreeLink"

disappears. 

Somehow "Call audio" is always there (and therefore has always worked).  But just the "media audio" option would be eaten away by LG G3 or some apps in it, after I switch off Bluetooth and then switch it on (without restarting the smartphone).

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that great information Kin_Yip. Let’s go ahead and place the phone in Safe Mode to test the connection. Here’s a link to turn on Safe Mode http://vz.to/2tUgrBm . Once Safe Mode is on, you will notice all your third party applications are temporally disabled. You may want to try a song stored on the phone or Google Music. Test the Bluetooth connection a few times to ensure it stays working. Let us know the results.

StevenM_VZW

0 Likes
Kin_Yip
Enthusiast - Level 3

Though your link led to "An unexpected error has occurred" after a few trials, I know how to go to safe mode.

Unfortunately, the phenomenon in "Safe mode" is the same as in Normal Mode.   That's, when I first turned on the Bluetooth, I can see "media audio" under the Bluetooth setting.    But when I turned it off and then turned it on again, the "media audio" disappears. 

In fact, in the weekend, I've done "factory data reset" a couple times such that only the factory apps are there.  The problem still exists.

As I said, the problem seemed to start for me around Friday.  I wonder whether any recent Verizon or other updates on the factory/Verizon apps have caused this problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kin_Yip, thank you for that great information. What year and trim level is your Honda Fit? We’d like to pull up some information about the car to help get this Bluetooth working right. Also, is there any physical or liquid damage to your phone?    StevenM_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Kin_Yip
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

As I said a couple times, it doesn't really matter what car it's.  Because after I switch off the Bluetooth and then switch on the Bluetooth, the "media audio" option would disappear and you can't play any music without the "media audio" in any car !    

In any case, my car is 2015 Honda Fit .

To be a bit more sure, I've asked to try with my student's phone (which has paired with my car).  When we turned off / on the Bluetooth, the "media audio" option is always in the Bluetooth.

And I've never had problem like this before last week (the week of June 16) and I've used LG G3 to play music in my Honda Fit since July 2015 and since Jan. 2016 with this LG G3.

I don't see any damage on the phone.  I've got a plastic protector for the phone and it's protected 🙂   In fact, I've also used Bluetooth to transfer many music files between my PC and phone.  As I said, with the "media audio" appearing in the Bluetooth, I can play music with my car.   The problem is that after I turn off Bluetooth and turn on the Bluetooth on again, the "media audio" would disappear (no matter how many times I try to turn off/on the Bluetooth again).    I'll need to restart/reboot my phone to get the "media audio" back.   And the "call audio" option in Bluetooth is always there and won't disappear.

The annoying question/problem is why the "media audio" option would disappear after I turn off the Bluetooth once.

Kin