Re: LG G3 bluetooth no longer playing media
Kin_Yip
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's  Honda Fit 2015 LX   ... but as I said, this seems irrelevant.   It's all about the "media audio" option in Bluetooth.

You can stand next to the car or be in another country, thousands of miles away from the car, the "media audio" option just disappears after a cycle of switching off/on Bluetooth.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you can fully enjoy the music and calls in your car so we will do everything possible to get it working. Have you checked for any new software updates on the phone? Also, try connecting to the Bluetooth without a memory card in the phone. Please ensure you power the phone off when removing the memory card. Keep us posted with any results.

StevenM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Kin_Yip
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

> Have you checked for any new software updates on the phone?

Remember that I've gone into the "SAFE Mode" (as you you suggested a few messages ago) or done factory data reset (ie. what's left are all the factor or Verizon software) and the result is the same (ie. "media audio" in the Bluetooth for the pair Handsfreelink would disappear after switching off Bluetooth and switching Bluetooth on).

It's all Verizon-managed software update in the "SAFE Mode" or after a factory data reset.   So, it's your software !!

> Also, try connecting to the Bluetooth without a memory card in the phone. Please
> ensure you power the phone off when removing the memory card.

My LG G3 has no extra memory card.  That slot is completely vacant/empty !   So, yes, I'm connecting to Bluetooth without memory card all the time !!!

But as I said, you don't need to have a car or anything to test ... My complaint is that just switching off and switching on the Bluetooth, then "media audio" option in "Handsfreelink" is gone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Kin_Yip We truly appreciate you communicating with us, and providing feedback about this Bluetooth feature. What we would recommend is waiting until the next software update is released to see if LG can fix this feature, because this isn't something that we can manually repair through Verizon.

JoelD_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kin_Yip
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

> What we would recommend is waiting until the next software update is released to see if LG can fix this feature, because this isn't something that we can manually repair through Verizon.

Could you please at least communicate with them (LG) about the symptom of the problem ?

===================================================

That's, (even in "SAVE MODE" or after factory data reset back to the original LG/Verizon software), when one first turns on the Bluetooth in the LG G3 (Android 6) and check on the HandsFreeLink (which pairs with a car's Bluetooth), one could see the "media audio" option.   But after one turns off the Bluetooth and after some time (could be 0 to many minutes), then turns on the Bluetooth, the "media audio" option would disappear.  Without this "media audio" option under HandsFreeLink, one can't play music etc. through the Bluetooth in the car. 

And this disappearance of "media audio" happens by itself, with or without any car's presence.   And after its disappearance, the "media audio" option inside HandsFreeLink not come back with or without the presence of the car's Bluetooth.  The way to get it back is to turn off the Bluetooth and switch off the phone and restart again.  Then, after the phone is on, one would see the "media audio" again when one switches on the Bluetooth.    To keep this "media audio" appearing under HandsFreeLink, it's necessary not to switch off the Bluetooth.  Because as soon as you switch off the Bluetooth, the "media audio" may disappear.

==============================================================

Can you please at least pass the above to them ???  So that there is a chance that somebody in LG may do something.   Otherwise, why would you think their next update would sove this problem ?   By some random luck ?

In fact, I'm wondering whether Verizon's Message+ could be the culprit (as there is a place in Verizon's Message+ that it tries to use the HandsFreeLink).   But I can't prove it (yet).

Kin

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kin-Yip-

We certainly want the best resolution to your car's Bluetooth concern. I've had the same issue with my previous car and I always thought this was a car/phone problem. However, I just got a new car last month and I am experiencing the same exact issue when I turn my phone's Bluetooth off. The only way to get this working is by restarting my phone for a new connection to start while Bluetooth is on. Sometimes I have to go through the whole Bluetooth set up.  I have found out that if my phone has Bluetooth off and my car has already started, they won't sync even after I enable my phone's Bluetooth. I have an iPhone 7 and a Toyota Camry. I strongly believe it is just a car Bluetooth issue and it is how it works if your phone's Bluetooth is turned off. Since you have a completely different phone/car make/model than mine, this leads me to believe it is how it was designed to work. If you feel this needs to be lifted up, I would suggest contacting LG directly by dialing 800-793-8896.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kin_Yip
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't think this is how a car/phone Bluetooth should work because

from Jan. 2016 until 10 days ago or so, I could turn off Bluetooth and then turn on and still see "media audio" in HandsFreeLink of Bluetooth and play music with car.

I have got other people with other phones to test with the Bluetooth and even my car.  After switching off Bluetooth and on, they still see "media audio" option.

I've google-d quite a bit and read people report this as problem and other people trying to offer solution.   I've never heard people say that this is the way it should be.

Yours disappointingly,

Kin

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kin Yip-

We don't want you feeling disappointed in any way. Your phone is working as intended. Please know all cars work differently so I would not be able to speak for your Ford since we only troubleshoot issues directly with your phone. This is not an issue with your Bluetooth or you would have the same issue with other Bluetooth devices. Besides contacting LG, I would suggest contacting your car's manufacturer for further assistance.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kin_Yip
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi,

> ....so I would not be able to speak for your Ford ...

My car is (2015) Honda Fit !!  I've mentioned that on my 1st message on June 21, 2017 !

> This is not an issue with your Bluetooth or you would have the same issue with other Bluetooth devices. Besides contacting LG, I would suggest contacting your car's manufacturer for further assistance.

I said it many times already.   Let me just repeat ... --- everyday typing exercise :

(1)

The problem is that the "media audio" option disappears under HandsFreeLink in Bluetooth after you turn off Bluetooth and then turn on Bluetooth ... without any car !   With that "media audio" option, nothing can be played, with any car !!!!!!  

(1.1) If "media audio" exists, I'd have no problem to play music or whatever with my car. 

(2) And I've got friends' phones to test and they don't have this problem at all, after switching off/on the Bluetooth ( and of course with that "media audio" ), they can play music with my car.

(3) I've got no problem in Bluetooth with other devices such as my PC etc. to transfers files etc. etc.

The only problem is the disappearance of "media audio" option as mentioned point (1).

You guys may just useless tell me to contact LG or car manufacturer ...  But if you tell me my car is Ford or my phone would have problems with other devices, I'd just keep cut and paste the above points every day !!!

Kin

0 Likes
Nar1118
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well you aren't alone,    I've got the same problem not with a vehicle, but with all of my Bluetooth audio equipment. The media option checkboxes disappeared on my G3. It has run audio flawlessly, at least as expected, it is a bit of a battery hog though, so I probably hadn't tried it in a month, and that's when we got an update? Come on Verizon put it back how it was or something! Can we roll back the update?

0 Likes