LG G3 cant connect to wifi after Lollipop update
jconjason
Enthusiast - Level 2

After getting the update a couple days ago, I have not been able to connect to my WiFi. Had no issues prior to the update. I have done everything Ive read online, with no success. I am assuming this is one of the many Lollipop bugs? Has there been a fix discovered yet? Obviously this is a big issue as I don't want to use my data. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Labels (2)
Re: LG G3 cant connect to wifi after Lollipop update
titimontoya
Enthusiast - Level 1

I regret doing the update. I cannot use wifi and if it works its slower than 3g. Im going to run thru data so I hope I wouldnt get charged overage fees...

I did a factory reset. Didnt help and this has been a huge headache.

Snn5
Legend

Of all the things you read on the internet....did you factory reset the G3?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Any overages on data will be chargeable.  So, keep an eye on that.

0 Likes
jconjason
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, did a factory reset. Did not help. Was on chat with Verizon last night, they are sending me a replacement and are stating its a "manufacture defect". I just hope the replacement doesn't have Lollipop already installed! If it does, I will be contacting support again!

jconjason
Enthusiast - Level 2

Contact Verizon. They told me they haven't had any other reports of the connecting to wifi issue, and cant escalate it to LG without more reports.

Im close to going over my data  limit as well, if I do go over, I will be contacting support, as I will not pay the overages due to the fact this is not my fault!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It most likely wont, but you'll have to update it anyway.  Can't defer the update forever since the G3 will auto install at some point.

0 Likes
kapeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I can connect to wifi, but it is so slow as to be unusable. I contacted Verizon via Chat and they sent me here. They also said, " I do show we are currently investigating that issue."

Hopefully, an update will be coming soon. I do not want to go through the hassle of a factory reset, especially considering what I have read from those that did and are still having problems.

0 Likes
raventjk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having issues after updating to Lollipop as well.  My bluetooth streaming audio gets choppy after the screen dims, and my wifi is having connection issues also.  I have read on other forums that this is an Android runtime error, and it is fixed by a newer version (v20h) of the update, but it is not available through Verizon yet, it seems.  I haven't found any other solution.

0 Likes
kapeman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update: I contacted LG and they are wanting me to RMA my phone.

Quote from chat transcript:

"Honestly we do have a lot issue with the new software".

I don't want to be without a phone for 7-10 days and I am willing to bet that this is strictly a software situation, so I am not sure what I will do next.

0 Likes