LG G3 dropping WiFi connection
thisdoesfine
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my LG G3 and I'm having issues with WiFi in my house.  I upgraded from an S3 and my wife still uses her S3.  I'm trying to backup all my pictures to my PC over WiFi on the G3.  I have an app that does it automatically when I plug the phone in.  I've also tried ES File Explorer with the same results.  I cannot seem to finish the backup as the G3 loses WiFi signal and errors every time.  I've tried the same apps on my S3 and my wife's S3 to the same PC over the same WiFi and it doesn't fail.  I've restarted the G3, I've turned off WiFi, and I've even "forgot" the network and re-connected. I don't have "Avoid unstable connections" or "Wi-Fi signal weak" turned on.  I've rebooted the router and, additionally there's no overlapping signals on my wifi channel as I live with hardly any neighbors. I've tried setting the phone down right next to the wireless router with the same results.  The WiFi icon never goes away and if I hit retry the transfer starts again immediately, it just seems to be losing connection enough to stop the transfers of files every time. 

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 dropping WiFi connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see that you are unable to backup your pictures to your PC with your new phone thisdoesfine! I know how important it is to keep a backup copy of those precious memories! The issue may be incompatibility with the application you use, please delete the application power the phone off/on, install application again and test. If you prefer, please visit this link http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/pc-suite for the recommended software from the manufacturer to manage our photos, videos, music and contacts/calendar. Additionally, you can backup all your media to the Verizon Cloud if you prefer http://vz.to/14QbP0I

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: LG G3 dropping WiFi connection
thisdoesfine
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG page says there is no download for the G3.  I did a factory reset of the device and the same issue occurs.  Again, I've used two different applications as well.  I did a 300MB upload video to youtube and watched the connection stay solid throughout via the router's gui.  Perhaps it's an issue with the G3 and smb as both the apps that don't work to send my data to the PC are smb based.  For now I'll just manually transfer via usb or by popping the microusb out. I'll try to remember to post back here if I find a solution or please post if you have one.   The apps I'm having issues with are:

ES File Explorer

Sweet Home (was a great way to automatically backup new pictures / videos to your PC when you plug your phone in @ night)

0 Likes