LG G3 e-mail continuously updating - but not updating after software update
mmeisler
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since the recent Lollipop update, my LG G3 will periodically update e-mail, but won't really update.  It says updating and keeps going and going, but nothing is happening.  Pushing stop doesn't help.  The only thing I can do is clear the cache.  This is the stock Verizon email app.  It generally happens overnight when I've left the phone alone for a few hours.  Any ideas?  This is really annoying!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 e-mail continuously updating - but not updating after software update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mmeisler

I would be lost without access to my email accounts. Did this start happening immediately after the update? Who do you use for your email account? Does it happen to more than one account?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mmeisler2

This happened immediately after the update.  I use verizon for my email.  I only have one account.

0 Likes
CindyLoerlein

I too am having the same problem.  AOL e-mail account was updating fine until the last update - now - not so.  I would be interested in any fix/response to this problem.

0 Likes
mmeisler2

I responded but haven't heard back.  Please advise what I can do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry this is happening. Thanks for the details mmeisler2. Let's see what's holding this up. What type of email account is it? Any other apps not working? Does the stock email work in safe mode. See how to place the device in safe mode here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mmeisler2

It's a regular Verizon email account and uses the stock email.  I haven't tried it in safe mode yet but will.  It doesn't happen all the time, but about once per day so it is unpredictable.

0 Likes
mmeisler2

I just looked at what safe mode is and that is not going to help.  This is the stock email app that comes with the phone, not a 3rd party app.  And it worked fine until the update was done last week.  It is clearly something from the update.

0 Likes
mmeisler2

Again, I responded but am not getting a response.  This is not very good service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mmeisler2 I understand what you are saying about the email being stock. However, a third party app can be causing other app issues. Please give it a try and let us know.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes