LG G3 list of issues after latest update
ALEXVERVE95

Hi,

seems like i am experiencing a number of issues listed by other people.

Since latest update, my phone started to reboot for no reason.  Sometimes it would come back up right away (after 2-3 reboots), sometimes i had to pull battery, cause it would go black.  There were times where i could not start phone for hours. Then it would come back up.

I read up on forums about old battery - even though my was 1 year old, i purchased a new one.  Little changed.

Then i did factory reset - phone became a bit more stable. It still reboots crashes at any time, in any application, or for no reason at all in home screen. Even while being in my pocket.  But, not as often as used to, and i do not have to pull battery non stop as it was before.

Now, new problem appears.  It keeps rejecting my memory card, that was inside the phone for the last 2 years. Same card is working fine in my tablet.  When i plugged different card, i still get same "Corrupt" message. When it prompted me to fix it (format it), i would start the process, but then get stuck as 20%.

So, before August 8 i had perfectly working phone (for 2 years - no issues).  Now i have a phone that can not stay on, nor recognize memory cards.

What a great update....

Alex

PS: i have coworker with same phone from Verizon - exactly same problems started at same time.... August 8 update...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 list of issues after latest update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ALEXVERVE95, software updates are only supposed to improve your phone. I totally understand you to fix things.

I see you have tried some major steps that are vital to the troubleshooting process. Thanks for that. After you completed the factory reset did you check out the phone's behavior for a few hours or did you restore all of the information right away?

Have you tried doing the software update again? Try this and let us know if it improves >> http://vz.to/2bz4oVd

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JimJames

Same issues with the added bonus of my wifi no longer turning on and draining the battery the second I take it off a charger.

I've been told I need to reset the phone to correct the SD card problem. The wifi problem is supposedly a mobo issue that is not fixable. Odd how all of these things happened right after the update, which was not interrupted and never came back with any errors. I might bother with a reset if not for the fact my wifi being broken is actually a bigger problem than a non-working SD card

The update wrecked my phone and I'm pretty sure this is something that is done intentionally being that I haven't purchased a new phone in a couple of years. Thanks, Verizon.

0 Likes
ALEXVERVE95

i did step you mentioned. phone gut a bit more stable. only rebooted 4 times over the day. did not have to pull battery.

on the other hand, memory card is not being recognized. i get unexpectadly ejected message or corrupt card. offers me to format it, but card is still invisible after that.  i tried same card on other phones, it is fine.

i tried different cards in my phones, none of them getting picked up.

Sincerely,

Alex

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us about the issues you are having with the device, Alex. Let’s keep working on the issue related to the device not recognizing the memory card. Does your device have any physical or moisture damage? Can you check the place where memory card fits into to see if there is any debris or that the memory card has a good secure connection? Please check this and let me know any updates.

EdwinW_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SANFORDANDSON21

I am having the same issues. I've had this phone for 18 months without a hiccup, and now its borderline unbearable. Since the update my phone will randomly crash and restart. Once it restarts the WiFi/Bluetooth do not work (you go into settings slide WiFi from off to on and it does nothing you cannot even see any routers). So basically, on top of the forced reboot you need to restart or pull the battery out yourself to get Wi-Fi back.

I was able to handle this for a while but now its getting worse by the day. The phone will restart 4-5 times in a row and drain the battery by 20-30% in the matter of minutes.

My wife has the same phone (did not update), I tried swapping batteries and sure enough within 5 minutes my phone still crashed and hers worked fine with my battery. I also tried doing a full factory reset and before I was even able to restore my settings it crashed.

I've searched so many forums over the last week or so and sadly enough they all end the same way, you need a new phone. I find this extremely irritating I love this phone I have had zero problems and all of a sudden after this update its useless. I wish I never updated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SANFORDANDSON21, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your phone? If so, some applications can conflict with the recent software update. We recommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications and then update the applications that you've chosen to keep. Let us know if this resolves your issue.

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JimJames

Resetting my phone initially corrected some problems (except for wifi -- it's broken for good), but after about half a day, my data grayed out and wouldn't come back. Bluetooth and wifi are essentially broken forever. After a second hard reset, I immediately went in and disabled/uninstalled every piece of bloatware I could so I could have a working phone that doesn't obliterate the battery in 20 minutes. Doing that seems to have done the trick. The phone is holding it's charge better and data is working.

I have a sinking suspicion it's one or more of those stock apps as well as the update. So until I get my new phone, I at least have JUST the talk and text part working right. And lucky me; I went and ordered a Note 7 just two days before they issued the recall. I trust Samsung will sort this out quickly but it's a little ironic given the circumstances.

I'm pretty sure that update was a phone killer. My G3 was almost 2 years old and had no problems until that update.

0 Likes