Re: LG G3 rebooted continously after recent update now won't turn on
ameritus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have my personal information backed up, just not to the Verizon cloud.

0 Likes
Bumbleface

Hi,

This is almost the exact same thing that started happening to me yesterday.  I'm not sure if I received the update or not, but I'm guessing I did.  I can't even accomplish a factory reset though because the phone shuts off after I select anything from the recovery menu.  I took it to a Verizon store and they told me that because the green crash screens were showing up sometimes, it meant I messed with the software on the phone (which I absolutely didn't!) and they couldn't help me.  My phone is just over the year warranty period and is in nearly perfect shape.  I hope someone figures out a fix for this. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bumbleface,

That would certainly concern me as well. We want to make sure your phone works just the way it needs to. Are you able to get it into safe mode? http://vz.to/1yxP54Z If so does it work any better once you do?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Bumbleface

I cannot get into safe mode.  I can select it from the recovery menu, then the phone shuts off.

0 Likes
ameritus
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have found if i pull the battery out for a while, i can often get the phone to startup but the reboot issues keep happening.  Its highly frustrating taking the battery in and out just to be able to use the phone for an hour or so.  It may however help you get into safe mode.  I still haven't found a resolution.  Three factory resets and elimination of all third party apps hasn't worked.  At this point its buy a cheap phone to get me through my contract or just switch carriers and get the new customer deal with them and pay the cancellation fee.

ameritus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Should have added my phone is now on android 5.1.1 VS98535B.  It was that last update towards the end of October (~285-300Mb) which caused the issues. My battery life (when working) went to heck and the phone is also getting very warm.  It shuts down/reboots whether its on the charger or on battery.

0 Likes
erindroideroni
Enthusiast - Level 1

The same thing is happening to mine. It just restarted  for the 3rd time today (and that's just today). I had thought that the recent update would be to marshmallow but it's just 5.1.1 with bugs. I have also hard reset.

0 Likes
Bumbleface

Even after pulling the battery out for a while it still won't let me put it into safe mode or factory reset.  It just either shuts off or gives me a green screen.  I really don't even know what it's doing, even when I think it's shut off, the battery is still draining.  So it's continuously rebooting and shutting off, but maybe the screen isn't always involved?

I'm really disappointed.  At least in the past when wonky things started happening to my phones, Verizon has replaced them for me.  I think I'm going to send it to LG and hope that they can fix it (if it's cheaper than buying a refurbished/used phone on Amazon anyway).

0 Likes
ameritus
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its annoying but trying various combinations of plugging the phone in the charger and taking the battery in and out can has allowed me to start the phone when it no longer responds to the power button or is stuck in the reboot cycle.  I get the green screen and blue screens randomly also.  If you are having the same issue as me, the safe mode and factory reset will not work.   The next time you are able to fully startup, be sure to backup everything and take your SD card out if you do decide to proceed with a factory reset.  I've been though 3 and lost all my contacts the first time.  I also can't count how many time I've been through the "optimizing apps" process after too many reboots.

0 Likes
Bumbleface

I took the SD card out first thing.  I've given up on the rest of my data on the phone.  Photos are on the SD card and my contacts are all in my Google account, so I think the losses aren't too bad.  I've gotten to the optimizing app screen multiple times but the screen goes blank before it completes.  I may keep trying...

0 Likes