LG G3 savig to micro sd card
ScttLee
Enthusiast - Level 2

How can I get Chrome, Dolphin, and other apps to download files onto the micro sd card instead of the internal storage.  When I got my phone, the card was useless with androi, then an update made it easily usable.  Now with the new update, what hoops do I jump through to keep from having to manually transfer every download to sd card?

On a similar note, I think android is getting artsy fartsy with updates that always mess things up.   Are there an non android phones designed to be used properly (and easily) with micro sd cards?

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 savig to micro sd card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make this process as easy as possible, ScttLee. There are specific items that can be stored directly to the SD card such as photos and videos. With other applications and downloads, these would need to be saved to the device and then moved to the SD card specifically.

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ScttLee, we want your phones to work like you want them to. Your LG G3 is going to automatically process downloads to your internal memory. This is how the phone is programmed to work.
JoelRR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ScttLee
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand that's the way it is supposed to work, but is there a way to make it store directly to external storage, or do I have to copy everything over every time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make this process as easy as possible, ScttLee. There are specific items that can be stored directly to the SD card such as photos and videos. With other applications and downloads, these would need to be saved to the device and then moved to the SD card specifically.

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes