LG G3 screen keeps on fading to black after update.
Cats_Meow92

After installing the update over the weekend, my phone has started to glitch into a black screen, and I am unable to see anything, or open the screen up, until a few minutes go by. It does this constantly, only being on the phone for maybe 3 minutes. The notification lights still go on, and I'm able to feel the touch vibrations through the black screen like it's unlocking my phone.

I have backed up everything on my SD Card between the constant fading, and did a factory reset. It still continues to do this.

I've seen that dust can sometimes collect behind the screen and that'll be my next attempt on figuring out what caused this. If anyone has any information or helpful tips, please let me know!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 screen keeps on fading to black after update.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cats_Meow92, this is by no means getting off on the right foot with this update. To have factory reset already is terrible to hear. To clarify, prior to the reset, was “Automatic Restore” chosen, or did you set the device back up one app at a time?
An additional thought on what can cause the screen to be fading is screen covers. Does the phone have any screen protectors or shields on it? If so, remove it to see if the fading continues.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MUENG6980

I too, am having this issue.  Some times it take a while to freeze and fade or sometime it take no time at all to freeze and fade.  I am able to turn off the screen and turn it back on and sometimes get it to come back on.  This started a couple of days ago but today it has gotten extremely bad.  I can barely read a text before it "crashes".

0 Likes
jyabor

Same issue, hitting power button repeatedly sometimes brings it back. Sometimes works fine for hours, sometimes constant fading. Apps like Waze fail more often.

0 Likes
Cici17

I am also having similar problems with my LG g3 after the newest update.. Ever since I updated to the newest software my screen will not cut on espically if I go outside it won't cut on at all. I know that sounds really weird, but even sometimes when I am inside I have to hit the power button quote a few times before my screen comes on and I can see the home screen. I also do not use a lock screen. I know my phone is not dead because my notifications light still blinks and my phones ringer will still go off. It's highly irritating that I can't even use my phone half of the time.. My phone has no water damage or screen cracks, just a few minor dings on one of the corners that were there way before the update. My phone didn't start acting up or having any problems until the software was updated. Any advice on how to resolve this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear of the trouble, MUENG6980 and want to nurse the phone back to health. it is important to us you are able to use the device properly without any complications on your screen. I'm happy to help.

Have you applied the most recent software update? Have there been any new app downloads? What is the physical condition of the device? Please provide a few additional details and we can continue working on this for you.
SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
MUENG6980

Software was updated when the new marshmallow update came out. The phone

was just returned from LG because it wouldn't turn on. I paid only to have

it fixed but I think they sent me a new phone so the phone is spotless.

The screen still functions when frozen. You can continue typing or doing

whatever. When I tried to take a screen shot it takes it of the clear

unaffected screen.

On Mar 5, 2016 3:13 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jyabor, we don't want this to be an issue for you too. Have you updated the software for your applications, as well since the device updated? This will improve the performance of your applications.

LasinaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Raccoons4me

I too am having this very frustrating issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your screen go dark all the time is understandably frustrating, Raccoons4me. Let's dig into this further. When did this issue start? What apps are you using when it happens? Has the device been tested in Safe Mode? http://vz.to/111u3eZ

LynnD_VZW

0 Likes