LG G3 update
SFITZ007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone else having issues with recent LG G3 update?  Since allowing this recent update just days ago, my phone has begun sporadic vibrations. Also getting notifications that charging is slow and indicates i need to use previous charger.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G3 update
Chrispy2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no damage to the device. I am unable to see what software is currently installed, as the phone can't turn on. It is the latest update available, so whichever that one is.

I went to a Verizon store and was told that the phone needed to be replaced. They did a warranty replacement for me, but I am also being charged to do so. Not something I feel is right given the reason for the replacement being a system update from Verizon.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
wjmmoore60
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes.  I lost my lock screen and my wallpaper.  I'm still looking to see what else is messed up.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SFITZ007,

Your LG G3 should be performing better for you since the update, not worse. Let's work together to see what's being this behavior you're seeing. To confirm, what software version is installed in your phone? How soon after the update did you start having these issues?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kathobson
Enthusiast - Level 1

My system update was on March 6th for my LG G3 to software version VS9854BA. I noticed changed immediately. They started small like my speech to text would either turn itself off over and over, or when it would pick up it would duplicate the first few works a thousand times. Now the thing barely works. If I turn anything on like blue tooth, internet or GPS my screen turns bright blue like a  computer crash and turns off. It then gets stuck on a restart loop about 5 times before it actually stays on. This is a brand new battery and a full 100% charge and even when its plugged in.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for offering these helpful details. We will get to the bottom of this. I would suggest updating all of your applications via the Play Store and test the function. Then restart the device in Safe Mode https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-112843/ to see if the performance improves without 3rd party apps running.

YaleK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Chrispy2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same issue after doing the software update. I get stuck on the loop of the phone trying to boot and failing. I then have to remove the battery to try to boot again. This has been happening for a couple days. Typically, I'm able to get the phone to finally boot, but today I can't even do that. I've tried starting in Safe Mode, and it still won't turn on.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to get your phone working better, especially after an update Chrispy2017. This is not the experience we want you to have with this awesome phone. Any damage to the device? What software do you have currently on the device?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
Chrispy2017
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no damage to the device. I am unable to see what software is currently installed, as the phone can't turn on. It is the latest update available, so whichever that one is.

I went to a Verizon store and was told that the phone needed to be replaced. They did a warranty replacement for me, but I am also being charged to do so. Not something I feel is right given the reason for the replacement being a system update from Verizon.

0 Likes
wjmmoore60
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone is so messed up that I can barely use it. Home button, wallpaper, no lock screen. I'm going to have to take time off and visit a Verizon store today because of an ignorant upgrade.

0 Likes
SFITZ007
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, ShawnteeJ. Turns out the charging issue had to do with the fact that the phone was not charging. (Duh  . . lol) After some examination, I determined the issue was with the cable connector which connects with the phone. It was not making a good connection with the phone, and thus charging was not occurring. I changed the charger cable, and phone is now charging and functioning well.

Thank you very much for your response.

0 Likes