LG G3 useless because of battery drain after upgrade to OS 6 Marshmallow, worked fine before on OS 5 Lollipop
hankepanky
Enthusiast - Level 2

I searched the internet on a method to backgrade or back out from marshmallow to lollipop or kitkat on Verizon LG G3...NO JOY! The only way I get through the day is with a 6000 ma/hr battery pack. I have done every solution suggested eg several factory resets, greenify app battery savers etc. All these are band aids and not cures or solutions to the ill advised OS 6 Marshmallow upgrade being pushed by Verizon to a LG G3 that can not handle it. I am now very close to my solution which is a new free Verizon phone (? LG G4/5) that will work OR I will very reluctantly port over to AT&T which will give me a new free phone and cover all fees and contract penalties 😞

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 useless because of battery drain after upgrade to OS 6 Marshmallow, worked fine before on OS 5 Lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hankepanky,

Upgrades are meant to improve a devices performance and we absolutely would not want to lose you. We definitely want to ensure that you have a working and reliable device. If a hard reset has not resolved the issue please reach out to our technical support at 800-922-0204 to discuss replacing the device within warranty.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: LG G3 useless because of battery drain after upgrade to OS 6 Marshmallow, worked fine before on OS 5 Lollipop
hankepanky
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the follow up,

I went to AT&T about porting to them, their plans were good and covered

costs.

then I went to Verizon store for a one final visit, to inform them to fix

the situation with the LG G3 or I was moving on. They cancelled the

contract on the LG G3, and I bought a new LG G5 with no contract.

Happy now!

THANK YOU VERIZON

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes