Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LG G3 useless because of battery drain after upgrade to OS 6 Marshmallow, worked fine before on OS 5 Lollipop
hankepanky

I searched the internet on a method to backgrade or back out from marshmallow to lollipop or kitkat on Verizon LG G3...NO JOY! The only way I get through the day is with a 6000 ma/hr battery pack. I have done every solution suggested eg several factory resets, greenify app battery savers etc. All these are band aids and not cures or solutions to the ill advised OS 6 Marshmallow upgrade being pushed by Verizon to a LG G3 that can not handle it. I am now very close to my solution which is a new free Verizon phone (? LG G4/5) that will work OR I will very reluctantly port over to AT&T which will give me a new free phone and cover all fees and contract penalties 😞

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 useless because of battery drain after upgrade to OS 6 Marshmallow, worked fine before on OS 5 Lollipop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

hankepanky,

Upgrades are meant to improve a devices performance and we absolutely would not want to lose you. We definitely want to ensure that you have a working and reliable device. If a hard reset has not resolved the issue please reach out to our technical support at 800-922-0204 to discuss replacing the device within warranty.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: LG G3 useless because of battery drain after upgrade to OS 6 Marshmallow, worked fine before on OS 5 Lollipop
hankepanky

Thanks for the follow up,

I went to AT&T about porting to them, their plans were good and covered

costs.

then I went to Verizon store for a one final visit, to inform them to fix

the situation with the LG G3 or I was moving on. They cancelled the

contract on the LG G3, and I bought a new LG G5 with no contract.

Happy now!

THANK YOU VERIZON

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes