LG G4 6.0 Update trashed phone
Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

So for the last few months I've been refusing the 6.0 update, (I was very happy with my G4 on 5.1), but a few days ago I finally let it go through.

Biggest mistake I have ever made.

6.0 has rendered my G4 pretty much useless. Here is the current list of what is going wrong:

Battery life, which used to be excellent, is now non-existent. On 5.1, I would need to charge the G4 maybe once every other day with the way I used it. With 6.0 the battery is lasting for a few hours at most - (Just tonight I left my house with the battery at around 90% or so, after some time at the Verizon Store having the phone looked at, and some time on the phone with my wife, the battery had drained to less than 20%. In about two hours. The G4 is also heating up much more than it used to, which I am guessing is because the battery is being destroyed by 6.0.

Advanced Calling, (which was one of the best things about the G4 on 5.1), refuses to activate on 6.0. So anytime I make a call, the phone drops from 4G full signal, to barely any signal, at 1x. Mobile Data also is hit or miss, (and doesn't work at all while on a call obviously).

The screen turns on and off randomly, and the "tap on/off" works maybe 1 time out of every 10 tries. A lot of times, if I am scrolling through my contacts to make a call, the screen will turn off. The screen also shuts off almost every time if I am on a call, and I press to bring up the dialpad.

Txt msgs will either not send at all, or if they do it, will take minutes to hours to send, (longer if there is an attached picture).

The G4 is now losing its connection to my bluetooth earpiece randomly, (but always when I am on a call).

Finally, apps that worked perfectly on 5.1, (even the stock Verizon apps), are now crashing randomly.

I've tried doing a full factory reset three times, with no apparent change.

I guess all that is left is to downgrade back to 5.1, at least then I'll have a working phone again.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 6.0 Update trashed phone
gdaddy3315

i have the same issues, on my 4th phone, in 5 months. Verizon wont give me a different kind of phone. What happened with verizon for u

0 Likes
Re: LG G4 6.0 Update trashed phone
Looneyman
Enthusiast - Level 3

Some of the problems were fixed after a Verizon rep. did a full setup of the phone on their end... According to what I was told after the OS update my phone was not fully activated in their system for some reason. There are a few problems still going on - things like the tap-on/off for the screen still only works when it feels like it, and BT works best if I reset the phone at least a couple times a day, and there are some problems with location services... Little annoying things, but the phone is useable at least. Still looking for a way to root and downgrade, 6.0 is just a trainwreck as far as I'm concerned on the G4.

0 Likes