LG G4 Amazon Music won't Open
kmaren
Enthusiast - Level 2

New LG G4 Amazon Music is installed, but I can't open it.  No icon to launch, etc.   

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 Amazon Music won't Open
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kmaren,

We definitely want you to be able to use all of the functions on your LG G4. When you go into the play store, does it show the app is installed? How about when you check the application manager, does it give you an option to uninstall you can try it again?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kmaren
Enthusiast - Level 2

In the play store it shows as installed, but only the uninstall button is available.  The Open button is not there at all for normal apps.  

When I check the application manager, I can force stop and uninstall updates.   I have done this and have not gotten any improvement.   After uninstalling updates I can completely uninstall.  I have done this and reinstalled from the play store and not gotten any different result.  I have also uninstalled and side loaded different versions of the Amazon Music app and not gotten a different result.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's keep the music flowing for you kmaren. Having great tunes on the go is key with your phone. Has this app ever worked on your phone? After you tried to re-install the app, does it show up? In your application manager, is the app listed in the Turned Off list?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kmaren
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has never worked.  The app is not disabled.  I can open the Amazon App Store and go to the music app and the button is there for me to "open" but when I press it nothing happens.   In the Google Play Store the App is installed but there is no open button. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a fellow music lover I know how important having music to listen to on my phone is to me. I am familiar with the app that you are referring to. While we don't have access to the technical support of this app, I do know who does. You can get support for the Amazon Music app right here http://spr.ly/6584BPr3K
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kmaren
Enthusiast - Level 2

You do realize that this is the Verizon bloatware version of Amazon Music that is trapped on my phone.  I can't uninstall it and I can't install the app from the Amazon app store.   Amazon has little to do with this since I can't install the Amazon app store version of the file.   It's in very poor taste to give up on this support call and give me a link to the amazon web site.   Smiley Sad

Ana1012
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever resolve this? I am having the same problem!! The app does not exist and the uninstall does nothing !!

0 Likes