LG G4 Bluetooth won't stay connected in the car
Kelita
Enthusiast - Level 3

Greetings all. The Bluetooth in my car connects/disconnects/connects/disconnects ad nauseum. It will not stay connected so, unfortunately, it is useless to use in the car via BT. I have searched LG’s site, downloaded an app they suggested, with no help. I am so frustrated! I've never had any other phone do this in my car so I know it's the G4. I have reset the phone, deleted all BT profiles in the car and nothing works. Any ideas? Fixes?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 Bluetooth won't stay connected in the car
Snn5
Legend

Any software updates for your car?  Maybe the phone is newer than the car in that respect.

0 Likes
Kelita
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not sure how to find updates for the car. . However, the Motorola Droid Turbo worked just fine when I had that for a few days before I returned it for the G4.

0 Likes
Larryn74

My G4 worked flawlessly in my truck until the 6.0 Marshmallow rolled out. Now it connects, drops, connects,drops, connects,drops, connects, etc,,,

Looking for answers there as well. I have paired, unpaired, hard reboot, factory reset, and had the vehicle into the dealer.  No luck,  I am stuck hoping that the next incremental update will fix it.

0 Likes
Beckyd726

My Bluetooth won't work in my Rav4 after the update either

0 Likes
dforstmann

I'm having the same problem ever since the Marshmallow update.  G4 will not stay connected to my G Watch R, which totally defeats the purpose of having it.  Bluetooth randomly turns off all the time. I uninstalled the Wear app, factory reset the watch & re-paired to the phone.  Ni dice.  Very annoying.  LG's website doesn't seem very useful either from a support standpoint.

0 Likes