LG G4 Reboot Loop
AnonYMouse1000

Watching a movie last night on 4G. Maybe half an hour in. Phone reboots itself into the LG logo screen. That's odd. Power button doesn't turn it off. Take off back, remove battery, power button. LG screen appears, then Verizon screen appears and I'm thinking it was just something weird. Nope. Phone goes back to LG screen and stays there. Take battery out, in. Power + Volume down, start in safe mode. Goes to LG loading screen. Take battery out. Power on, Verizon screen appears, then "updating app 1 of 1...". Aha! But, wait, I didn't ask to install anything or get a notice that anything was being installed. I let it sit for a while because I've seen this before. Ok, great, I got an update and it decided to do it all on it's own. S'ok. Time passes. Phone is getting hotter and hotter and hotter. Going to sleep. Don't want phone getting hotter and hotter and go to sleep to be woken up by fire. No thanks. Take out battery, put back in. Next morning hoping things have magically changed.

Boot loop! Well, most of the time. Today it was boot loop. LG screen is on for while, then goes off and comes back. Now it's just LG boot screen.

Tried doing cache clear, factory reset, nothing works. Tried safe mode again just to see what happened. LG screen with the phone getting hotter and hotter while I write this.

What should I do?

Here's a pretty information article about it. LG G4 bootloop problem: How to diagnose and fix it

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 Reboot Loop
VICSTI26
Enthusiast - Level 1

Take it to the Verizon store (an actual Verizon Store) and tell them what the problem is. I did and they sent me a new phone (LG G5) the next day through Fed Ex and it was an upgrade from what I had which was the LG G4. Painless process and I was in and out of the store in about 30mins. I had the same problem but my phone after a day of doing the boot loop thing shut off completely and would turn back on. but like is said before take it to Verizon a they will order a new one for you. They are well aware of the problem.

Oz1970
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing, froze up and went into boot loop.  Some research shows that it is a hardware issue that LG is aware of.  Take the phone to your VZW store.  Mine was replaced within 24 hours.  Unfortunately, anything on the phone memory will be gone unless you had it backed up to the cloud.

I'm bummed they didn't offer me a G5 as the replacement.  I got a refurbed G4.

0 Likes
sageorama
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine happened at 13 months old and Verizon wouldn't help me. I sent it directly to LG and got it repaired. Took about 2 weeks. It's a known hardware issue that they can quickly fix.

0 Likes
TANALEX

Did you have the replacement plan with Verizon?

0 Likes