LG G4 VS986 update
none_
Enthusiast - Level 1

According to this link

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-g4-update/

There is an update for the g4...

Is there a way I can get this update as if I go to system update is settings app it says I'm uoto date..  I'm on update 11a

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G4 VS986 update
WaZe_One87
Enthusiast - Level 2

my recent post may help you. Give a look here: Can't get your LG G4 VS986 to Download new OTA update? Fixed here!

Hope it helps your situations. Mine wasn't exactly like yours but i feel it has similarities.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Software upgrades are awesome and we want you to receive them as soon as possible. No worries, here to help. What happens when you click on the Software Upgrade Assists: http://goo.gl/VF1cyO? What is your current Software Version?

RyanC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

none_
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on vs98611a. Phone tells me I'm up to date..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cha Bad, I understand the excitement around getting all of the new features that a software upgrade offers. In the case of our phones and tablets they will alert you when there is a new software update available. We do not have the ability to push them out. This is sometimes a waiting game and with your patience, I promise that you will receive the update once it becomes available.

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
WaZe_One87
Enthusiast - Level 2

my recent post may help you. Give a look here: Can't get your LG G4 VS986 to Download new OTA update? Fixed here!

Hope it helps your situations. Mine wasn't exactly like yours but i feel it has similarities.

0 Likes
WaZe_One87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I replied in my post you commented on.  Just messaging in hopes you see it. Not sure if the notifications will show you replies for my post.

0 Likes
thraashman

If you haven't yet gotten the update I highly recommend that you do NOT. I have been struggling with a barely functional phone for about 2 months since mine got the update. It has ruined a phone that was only about a month old and there's nothing I can do about it. And unfortunately even though I bought mine brand new, I bought it from a third party and not a retailer so LG won't honor warranty. I also know I am not the only person who has had problems with the Android update for the G4. Maybe you'll be fine, but maybe you'll have the same problem I have and you'll be out $300 for a phone that I'm lucky to get 2 minutes of use out of before it locks up or crashes.

0 Likes
none_
Enthusiast - Level 1

Does a factory reset fix it?

0 Likes
thraashman

None of the 8 I've done have fixed it, so I'm gonna say nope.

0 Likes
none_
Enthusiast - Level 1

The apps from play store didn't fix it?

I've noticed that the pc program has a repair option, did you try that?

Fastboot reset? (History: a friend brought me his moto e 2 that has not been working since factory reset. I've tried hard reset which didn't work...then I went against the rules and tried to manually flash the stock software back (phone was fully stock with nothing modified) I've found some files (wernt signed= issue). With bootloader locked I can only flash stock images, so when I started to run the code all the images were not flashing, only a few codes were successful one of them being "erase userdata" I don't know if this is what did it but after all the flashing failing the phone started working again PS. It was the Verizon model)

0 Likes