LG G4 bootloop
pkrishnateja
Enthusiast - Level 1

The phone was idle on my bed in the evening today and heard the verizon logo sound as it restarted by its own...!!!

Ignored as it does sometimes, but this time, it was good for a min, and rebooted again. It did not switch on, but the LG logo was still on the screen for more than an hour.

Life is not Good.

Searched in the forms that it was a motherboard issue and needs a fix. tried to chat with the Verizon support, and see this message since couple of hours.

All Chat Agents are currently assisting other customers

At last I was able to initiate the chat abt 30 min ago, but waiting for next available representative.

I really didnt expect these many Verizon customers having problems / unsatisfied with the services...!!!

The device does not even start in safe-mode, neither it Factory Data Resets.

Need Help...!!!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 bootloop
ANTBRO53
Enthusiast - Level 1

My phone did the same thing. I brought it in an the tech said, "oh its doing the LG G4 Bootloop thing".  Come to find out, it is indeed a super common problem on these phones, LG and Verizon have recognized it.  It would have been real nice if Verizon could have at least sent a notification to people who purchased this phone that they should make sure their data is backed up because it is likely to happen.  Now I lost all of the pictures of my newborn baby.

I did some additional research on how to get into the phone. Im going to try as others in hope of it working.  Other people have been successful by putting the phone in the freezer for a period of time (20min to 2 hrs), then rebooting and immediately going into file manager and saving to your files to the SD card while its still cold.

Ive got the new phone coming as a replacement, but it will surely be a refurbished one. In my opinion there are a few faults at play here. First, LG should be replacing these phones as a known hardware defect (motherboard issues), secondly I should have at least got a notification from Verizon telling me of the known issue with the phone I purchased from them...and still paying for btw. Thirdly, I should not be getting a refurbished one as a replacement since this is a known problem and I am paying full price for the phone. 

pkrishnateja
Enthusiast - Level 1

@ANTBRO53

exactly. I second your thoughts. I did not know the trick to freeze it and try. fortunately, i back up all my pics to google photos and didnt miss them on the phone. But, i lost some important audio recordings.

A headsup from LG or Verizon would have been a big help.

And paying the price same price of a new phone for a refurbished one.... Smiley SadSmiley SadSmiley Sad

0 Likes
PATBRO54

I purchased 2 LG G4 phones in June 2015, and had no issues until a couple of weeks ago, where I experienced this issue.  Went through the troubleshooting with Verizon tech support, and ultimately had them ship me out a Certified Pre-owned (potentially also defective) device.  I wasn't happy with the fact that I was getting a used device, but kept getting the same response.  "That's all that we can do."  Yesterday, we experienced the same thing with my wife's phone.  I called up the friendly customer service team, who ultimately sent me over to the Tier 4 Tech support (or whatever they called it), and went through the dance again.  When they offered to send out a Certified Pre-owned replacement device, I told them that was not an acceptable solution, and went round and round.  Seeing that I was getting nowhere, I requested a supervisor, and after waiting on hold for about 10 minutes, got a supervisor on the line (Janet), that was an expert at following the script of "There's really nothing else that can be done sir, but send the replacement phone."  I told her that I wasn't happy being sent out a used phone that based on LG, had a known defect.  Again, "I'm sorry sir, there's nothing else that we can do."  I told her that I no longer wanted the LG G4 device any longer, and wanted to choose a new device for my wife and myself, and was told that the only way that could happen, would be to pay off the device that we have, and we could then choose a new device.  Obviously, Verizon is more concerned about saving a few bucks on not allowing a dissatisfied customer, who received a defective device, that was sold to them by Verizon, to not switch devices, and would rather see that customer switch carriers.  This has been ultimately the worst customer experience that I have ever had.  Hopefully others don't have to go through the VERIZON BOOTLOOP VORTEX that I experienced.

0 Likes
Krusty46

I'm amazed that they actually acknowledged there was a problem.  When this happened to me about 2 months ago, and I told them about it they kept saying there are no known issues with the phone and what I was experiencing was an isolated incident.  They then tried to send me a refurbished Samsung S4 as a replacement.  In hindsight, I should have accepted because my replacement G4 is broken now and I am out of warranty.  If I want a new phone, I have to pay full retail for it AND pay off the remaining 11 payments on the G4 ($295).  Thinking of buying a Nexus 6P, then when my contract is up with Verizon I can leave and take the phone to any other carrier.  If I dropped or otherwise abused the phone, I would understand, but in both cases it was just a defective device to begin with and Verizon does not stand behind it.

0 Likes