LG G4 problem after Marshmallow update
mjmoxie
Enthusiast - Level 2

My LG G4 has been having an issue since the Marshmallow update a little less than a week ago. At random times, the screen won't turn on. I try doing the double tap and pressing the button on the back but it doesn't turn on. I have to take the battery out or plug it in for the screen to come on. It happens sporadically through the day. Sometimes it's more so happening in the morning. But today, it was fine for most of the day except once at lunch but now it's happening again tonight. I brought my phone to a Verizon store and they recommended to wait and see if there are bug/system fixes. Any ideas or anyone else having this issue?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G4 problem after Marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sometimes after an OS update you will need to back up your data and perform a factory reset.

noahs_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

BarryLG4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the update last week my phone battery drains quickly and will only charge after the phone has been completely turned off.  The Verizon rep where I purchased the phone couldn't find a problem and said to try a system reboot.  I just hooked the phone to my computer to download the photos before rebooting, however the phone now won't connect to my computer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sometimes after an OS update you will need to back up your data and perform a factory reset.

noahs_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

BarryLG4
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone works fine now after the reset! Thanks for the advice!

0 Likes