Re: LG G5 OREO Update causing fast battery drain
Groo667

I had this problem. My fix below.

I was using a third party charging block and cable that worked before the update. After the update this charger wasn't working. It said fast charging but just drained.

I fixed it by using the original charging block. I put the new usb-c cable in the original charging block/adaptor. My phone started charging immediately.

I also noticed something yesterday but didn't think about it. When I turned the phone off to charge it a message briefly flashed saying "this charger isn't compatible with this phone" or something like that (message came up when the phone was off). I ignored it because the other third party charger always worked, but I guess it was telling me the problem. It would be nice if this message showed when the phone was on instead of it just saying it's charging.

0 Likes
JBork74

This Oreo update is nothing but a SHAM from Verizon. I too had a perfectly functioning G5, and after the update, my battery life went to garbage. I could be a heavy user of my phone during the day, with all nominal settings, and not worry about going dead. Now I'm hard pressed to use my phone for a couple hours without massive battery drain after the update. Verizon will not admit what they are doing to the customers. They see that a phone is 2-3 years old.. and the people are "eligible for an upgrade" (Which, I am reminded of every time I call and complain) Hmmm. Kinda funny that the upgrade came out right about the time of eligibility for this isn't it? This is stupid. My phone is in brand new condition. I don't need a new phone. Verizon Tech support keeps giving canned replies to the obvious culprits. None of the solutions work. Its time for them to step up to the plate. I will be putting Verizon on social media blast and telling the truth of what is going on. This is ridiculous.

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to always have a working device, and that is our number one goal to provide for you, JBork74. It does sound like the issue you're encountering is from the manufacturer update affecting the phone. We want to ensure all routes are looked into for coming to a resolution. At this time, have you contacted the manufacturer  of the device itself?

CassandraM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes