Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
LG G5 no LTE (4g) and is on 3G or 1x only. Drops calls, no data.
Dannomite03

Over the last month my LG G5 has gotten very unreliable. I purchased it release day, April 2016. My last phone, a Droid Maxx would have 4G nearly all the time where I lived at.  It was actually rare, near non-existent when I WOULDN'T have 4G.  I could make calls while driving to and from work with no issues.  Fast forward to the G5, and I am almost always on 3G or 1X with terrible signal.  It constantly drops calls that I make, or it doesn't even ring at all.  It is rare that I make a phone call and the phone doesn't drop it.  I travel a lot for work and would use Pandora/GPS while I drove.  Now, I can't reliably use Pandora because of the non-existent data.  The phone is really frustrating me and I feel stuck with it since I owe $400 on it.  I don't want to get stuck with a refurbished phone.    Anyone have any advice on what my options may be? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G5 no LTE (4g) and is on 3G or 1x only. Drops calls, no data.
nicandron_vzw
Verizon Employee

I'd be just as concerned with a service experience like this, Dannomite03. Here to help get your G5 working like you need it to be. Just in case, have you checked under Settings > More > Mobile Networks > System Select > Is set to Global > Data Roaming Access > Set to Allow Access for All Trips?

Also under Settings > Advanced Calling > Is HD Voice enabled or disabled? Try testing calls with these different settings.

You may also want to pick up a new SIM card. It is possible that your current SIM may be corrupt. Visit your nearest direct store location for a free SIM card.

Verizon Stores Near Me | Verizon Wireless

Keep us posted with everything. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter: @VZWSupport

0 Likes