LG G5 software update tool problem
bontra

Software update tool page shows version VS98726B as current.

My phone is VS98713A.

I am using Window 10.

Software update tool page shows version VS98726B as current.

Using only the phone: Settings / Check for update / Your LG VS987 is up to date

The "Software update tool" never shows the phone is connected EVEN when it is connected.

I'm choosing "software installation" connection type on the phone, but it still does NOT show connected in the SUT.

How do I get the phone updated?!

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G5 software update tool problem
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your phone is fully updated so it works the way it should. How are you trying to update? Through a cord plugged into the computer?

0 Likes
bontra

I have tired the two methods I described earlier, and neither of them works

Method 1 - OTA update

Using only the phone: Settings / Check for update

Says: Your LG VS987 is up to date

It is NOT up to date. The phone version of VS98713A is less than the available version of VS98726B.

Method 2 - USB connection to PC with Software Update Tool

The PC recognizes the phone, I can transfer files or pictures.

However, the "Software update tool" never shows the phone is connected EVEN when it is connected.

Even when I choose "software installation" connection type on the phone SUT does not recognize the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bontra,

I want to make sure we get your phone up and working just the way it needs to be. I took a look and I see that update just came out about two weeks ago. We push updates out in waves so that if there is any issue everyone with the phone isn't effected. We're getting to the long end of when we would expect the phone to receive that though. When did the phone last update? Is the phone connected to the Verizon network when processing this?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
bontra

The phone has never updated. It came out of the box with VS98713A which was released in July.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000027-20150129104383-software-updates

None of the subsequent releases have ever downloaded OTA (VS98714A, VS98715A, VS98726B).

Please don't try to tell me its "too soon" after Nougat for it to have arrived.

There has been plenty of time for VS98714A and VS98715A to download and they never did.

I am using the "Boom!" network which is a Verizon MVNO.

If that's the source of the problem, then please explain why Software Update Tool does not recognize the phone for an update over USB.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have the latest software available. What is the make and model of your device?

MahrizaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

They stated that they have a VS98713A and accordingly posted in the LG G5 space.

0 Likes
bontra

Dear @VZWSupport

Confused why you ask questions about details that are already in the thread.

Can you please suggest some actions to correct my problem?

Make: LG

Model: G5 VS987

Running: VS98713A

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure we are asking the correct questions. We apologize about asking for information that has been provided. Please visit this website: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-g5-update/ for further information about how to upgrade your device with step by step instructions.

MahrizaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bontra, I apologize for all of the redundant questions. We appreciate that you have been thorough with explaining things. Software updates are sent out in batches. Your phone is not updated OTA because it hasn't been sent to your phone.

As far as the phone not being recognized by the Software Update Tool does the computer recognize the phone when it gets plugged in?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes