LG G6 Software Update Won't Complete
sbudaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was a notification on my phone today that a software update (15) was available and asking if I want to download. I said Yes. After the download, I tapped on Install and it started to run, but after a reboot and on install step 1/2 it gives me an error message 0x1124000 and then it reboots without completion. I have tried it several times.

I also tried to run the system updater from my computer, but after the software installs on my computer, the Next button is greyed out and all I can do is cancel.

What can I do to get this update installed?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
Re: LG G6 Software Update Won't Complete
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sbudaj Sorry to learn you are having an issue with the software update. I know we all like the updates as they help with device issues. Let's cover a few basics. Are you running the update using Wi-Fi, and is the battery fully charged? DK

sbudaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I am using WiFi and the battery is fully charged and connected to a power source during the attempted update.

sbudaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to let you know that I located the LG Update Utility on the Verizon site and it was able to download and run correctly on my computer and was able to connect to my phone, BUT, it says there is no software update available.

mjturner7
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received the same software update 15 today, downloads just fine, begins the install, restarts and gives a black screen with the word err: 0x1124000.

Tried 3 times and each time it produces the same error.  I tried using the verizon utility to update and it fails to update as well, so I trying the repair option to see if that resolves the issue as a last resort method.

mjturner7
Enthusiast - Level 1

After doing a repair on my phone the update is now completing.  Not what I preferred doing as I have a lot to restore, but this seems to have resolved the issue with the error.

0 Likes
tomm63
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi all,

I have been having trouble installing Update 15 also that was pushed out to my LG G6 VS988 on 10-2-2020.  But the update will not load due to error "0x1124000"; error code 410.  So i have attempted to load the SUA tool to install this update

However I am unable to install the SUA tool in order to install Update 15.

My scenario is:

I have my phone connected to my laptop via USB.  

I get as far as having the dialog box open to install the SUA tool but the "Next" link at the lower right hand part of the box is not enabled.  I kind of wonder if it is my McAfee Total Protection utility that is preventing this…and if i understand things correctly i can not use the Repair tool at this point.

Are there any work arounds or solutions for this issue?

Thanks,

Tomm63

0 Likes
sbudaj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same exact problem for me. I don't think it is McAfee since I don't have that. 

I located an LG updater app on the Verizon site and it runs and gets past the next button not working, locates my phone, checks for updates but then says no update is available!

Something must be wrong with the update itself. 

stevesmyka
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same - er:0x1124000 on the OTA push. When using the update tool, indicates I am up to date and to do a reset if device is slow or unstable.

I've never had an update issue with my G6 before this one...

Steve-

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sbudaj,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this problem. We want to make sure you get everything you are supposed to running great on your device. Have you been able to try any sort of repair or reset on the device?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes