Re: LG G6 Software Update Won't Complete
BentleyLB
Enthusiast - Level 2

MichelleH,

Will you please have someone post that to your coworkers?  I've been checking in to see if it's resolved and those of us who caught it early are increasingly frustrated as we see more Verizon reps tell one harmless soul after another to reinstall everything.  ENOUGH ALREADY!!  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's check all options and get to the bottom of this.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We apologize about the recent issues with the update, Qatqueen. No reset will be necessary. The update has been paused and a future update is being worked on currently. Having a fully functional device is crucial and we want to help as much as possible. Aside from the update issue, are you having any other issues with your device? -ChrisM_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BentleyLB, 

Following a recent software upgrade to SU15(vs98830b), some LG G6 users have received an error message: 0x1124000. The software update has been paused, and no further users will be impacted; however, some devices may have received that error. Internal teams are investigating, and a future SU will be forthcoming.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dhenze3 I know that everyone looks forward to the software updates. Sorry to learn you are having issues. Here is the link to check for available updates: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

0 Likes
harshfie
Enthusiast - Level 1

Like everyone else on this topic, I am also having trouble updating to Software Update 15 using either OTA or via my PC.  

I see that many people are being annoyed by the constant prompting to upgrade.  I don't know how to make the upgrade work, but I do know how to make the prompting to upgrade go away.  Just do this:

1. Attempt to install the upgrade 15 yet again.  Yes, I know it won't work.

2. After it fails, give you the error code, and then reboots to normal, immediately go into the settings menu, general tab, and find "System Update".  Select that.

3. Select "Check for new system update".  Wait for it to find Software Update 15

4. Where it says "Download Now?", select "No".

...And you won't be annoyed anymore.  If you ever wish to retry it, just go back to step 2 and continue.

harshfie
Enthusiast - Level 1

to: vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

My wife and I are also both having this problem.  We each have a VZN LG G6 phone.  We receive error code 0x1124000 when we try Software Update 15 OTA. We have also tried to use the Software Repair Assistant, but it finds that there are no updates available.

We shall not consider a factory reset; your update software needs to be fixed instead.

Please inform us when you have correct the flaw in your update software.  Did you not test this software before release?  Judging from the number of entries logged on this forum, a huge population of LG G6 users are having this problem.  It seems impossible that you tested the update.

Sincerely,
jdh

Re: LG G6 Software Update Won't Complete AND....
Bolder_Stever
Enthusiast - Level 2

VERIZON, HELP!

Ok, I've had the problem of software not updating, and suddenly today I have another problem.  Are the two related?

For about one and half years I've used wifi calling which greatly helps reception in my house.

Today I can't get people to hear me, and my "wifi calling" option has disappeared from my settings.

1. I have made NO other changes to my phone or my home wireless.

2. The phone is charged and connected to my wireless network.  I can get on-line  with my phone, so the wireless is working.

3. I've re-booted the phone.

SO why has wifi calling suddenly disappeared???  And will it come back by itself, or do I have to do something?

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

It appears @R0ck-star might have found a solution.  Check out:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/LG/LG-G6-System-Update-Error-0x1124000/m-p/1186755#M9074

Although still waiting for a confirmation as to what exact version the G6 was successfully updated to.  Maybe the 'fix' is ready and released?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BentleyLB, another update has not been released yet. I recommend keeping an eye on the link below for more updates. 

https://www.verizon.com/support/lg-g6-update/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D4876339853325466445071417136478110600...

0 Likes