Re: LG G6 Software Update Won't Complete
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, harshfie. We are sorry to hear that there is such a large amount of LG G6 users that are having issues with the Android Software update. Since we do not make or release Android updates, we would recommend contacting your devices manufacture first for troubleshooting. LG can be contacted at 800-793-8896. If after troubleshooting has been done, and it is determined that a warranty replacement would be the next step. Please contact us at 800-922-0204. 

0 Likes
Re: LG G6 Software Update Won't Complete AND....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bolder_Stever, We definitely want to know more about your situation. You mentioned updates have not been happening, and it's possible there is a link. What exactly is happening when you attempt to complete an update. Do you have enough on-board storage space to complete updates?

0 Likes
BentleyLB
Enthusiast - Level 2

vzw_customer_support,

I believe the question should be do YOU have enough on-board storage space?  On 10/10 you advised:

BentleyLB, 

Following a recent software upgrade to SU15(vs98830b), some LG G6 users have received an error message: 0x1124000. The software update has been paused, and no further users will be impacted; however, some devices may have received that error. Internal teams are investigating, and a future SU will be forthcoming.

0 Likes
Rhughes0071
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Wireless...

We don't always test our software but when we do, we do it in production.

Indywildrose
  • I have the same problem.  I took my phone to the Verizon Tech store on 10/9 and the tech couldn't help me.  I called LG tech support and reported the problem.
0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Indywildrose wrote:
  • I have the same problem.  I took my phone to the Verizon Tech store on 10/9 and the tech couldn't help me.  I called LG tech support and reported the problem.

Have you tried the solution that worked for others provided by @R0ck-star  in: 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/LG/LG-G6-System-Update-Error-0x1124000/m-p/1186755#M9074

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rhughes0071, 

I am so sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with your LG G6 software update! At this time the update is currently paused, and a new update will be forthcoming. Keep checking back here for information about a new update:  http://spr.ly/6606G4PnA  

Thanks, 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here to aid in any way we can. Please feel free to send us a Private Note.

0 Likes
antidonkey
Enthusiast - Level 2

@jav6 wrote:

@Indywildrose wrote:

Have you tried the solution that worked for others provided by @R0ck-star  in: 

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/LG/LG-G6-System-Update-Error-0x1124000/m-p/1186755#M9074

This seems to have done the trick for me. Thanks for the info.

marthabush56
Enthusiast - Level 1

One of the members posted a fix that worked for me. I'm surprised the support team hasn't posted it. All they said was "it's an LG problem, call them. Balony. Is a space problem. Go to factory settings and clear your cache. 

1. Power off the phone.

2. Power back up with both the back button and the down volume button held down

3. The factory settings screen comes up. Use the down volume button to go down to "clear cashe"

4.Use the back button to select clear cashe

5. When it's clear, try the update again.

Worked like a charm