LG G6 defaults all calls to speaker.
tcfulmer

My G6 started pushing all calls to the speaker a couple days ago. If I start the phone in safe mode it works like it should. If I am not in safe mode either using the phone by itself or connected to my kenwood head unit using android auto, it changes to speaker. I've cleared the cache and looked for settings to change but can't find the right one. I've also selectively force stopped apps that have phone permissions. OS is androind 8.0.0.  No new apps have been installed since the problem started.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G6 defaults all calls to speaker.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tcfulmer, I can see why you reached out for support. I appreciate the details you shared and understand wanting to make sure not every call is a speakerphone one. I'll be happy to assist you with getting things back to normal.

It was a good idea to test in Safe Mode. Since we know that the phone calls were working normally in Safe Mode, it gives us a place to start checking things with your G6. The first thing I want to do is reset all your settings on the device to default. We're not erasing content on the device nor contacts. What we'll be doing is resetting all the options settings that can be enabled on the device. This way we can guarantee that the setting that may have been triggered but you can find is also reset.

To reset your settings on the G6, you'll use these instructions: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211048/

Please perform that reset, then afterward test your phone to see if it transfers the call. Let us know what you find.

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
tcfulmer
I did the reset.  There is no change.  The speaker is still on when I make or receive calls. 
0 Likes
tcfulmer

Not only is it doing this when I am using the phone by itself, but also when I use it with my Kenwood in dash unit.  When I make calls using the Kenwood, the sound comes through the phone speakers even though the Kenwood is set to play through the car speakers.  I have to set the Kenwood to output back to the phone and then set again to play through the car speakers.  The speaker selection is opposite whatever it should be.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. I apologize the steps provided previously didn't work, but not to worry we will get to the bottom of this for you. The next step I would like you to complete is to ensure automatic app restore is disabled. Here is a link you can use to walk you through the process http://spr.ly/6605EgvXh. Let us know if this helps. ChetonJ_VZW

0 Likes
tcfulmer

Turned off the app restore  and the problem still remains.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for working with us, tcfulmer. Let's keep digging. Is your device damaged in any way? Has it been exposed to water or has any cracks in the device? Have any applications recently updated? If you disconnect Bluetooth does this issue persist?   JoeL_VZW

0 Likes
tcfulmer

No damage or water.  When the problem first started I uninstalled any app that in knew I had added since the last time it worked correctly.  The problem shows up even with bluetooth disabled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's always good to know that your phone is free of any type of damage, tcfulmer. A factory reset is needed at this time. Please know that the factory reset will erase everything from your phone back to original settings. It's important that you backup your files so they can be restored after the reset. You may use the Verizon Cloud, a USB cable connected to your computer or a third party app to back up your files. Please follow the link for the steps on how to do a factory reset https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-210758/ and keep us posted with the results.

CarmenT_VZW

0 Likes