LG G8 ThinQ (unlocked) Not Activating
crapshootvegas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased an unlocked LG G8 ThinQ. I followed instructions given at VerizonWireless for activating the phone using "Activate or Switch Device" from the Devices drop-down menu. However, one step of Verizon's instructions, "Phone Activation" (that displays the device's phone number if/when properly activated), never appeared in the setup process, so the phone failed to activate. The IMEI and ICCID are verified by Verizon. I find no information anywhere on Verizon's website that helps, and I have no phone to call customer support since the phone won't activate.

Note: My previous phone is dead. My only method of transferring data is via Google backup, which cannot be accessed until Google can send two-step authentication codes to my new phone, which cannot activate until I can access Google. I'm stuck in an infinite loop.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G8 ThinQ (unlocked) Not Activating
crapshootvegas
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is resolved. I spoke to a support representative via live chat who was able to activate for me. Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crapshootvegas We apologize for the issue you are having with the activation of your LG G8 ThinQ. Don't worry. We will be happy to help you.  I am confident that we will be able to activate your phone quickly. I sent you a Private Message, please respond as soon as you can.   

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

crapshootvegas I am a consumer as well, so I understand how vital is it for you to have a working phone. Please provide the best number to reach you on. 

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
crapshootvegas
Enthusiast - Level 2

The best —in fact, the only —number to reach me is the phone that won't activate. Therein lies the problem.

0 Likes
crapshootvegas
Enthusiast - Level 2

"You have no private messages": my Inbox.

0 Likes
crapshootvegas
Enthusiast - Level 2

This issue is resolved. I spoke to a support representative via live chat who was able to activate for me. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes