LG K20V - LG Backup fails backing up apps
SleepingLion

The LG Backup feature fails to back up almost every app that I have installed on my phone.  The error message for each is 'Unable to find app'.  LG Backup settings backs up to an SD card in my phone and this has worked fine until recently.

I tried running the LG Backup after rebooting my phone in Safe Mode just in case there was something running that was interfering with the backup.  The backup still fails in the same way.  Other stuff gets backed up OK, it's just apps that have the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG K20V - LG Backup fails backing up apps
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a valued customer, your device's service concerns are our concerns too. Being able to back up your device's stored data (e.g., contacts, pictures, videos, music, etc.) is vitally important. Hearing that the LG Backup feature fails to back up, almost every app that you've installed on your LG K20 V is very unusual, and we apologize for your inconvenience. We've also noted and appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've completed and your reference to the error message "Unable to find app." Let's work together on this matter. Have you tried the Content Transfer process to transfer your stored data between two devices while backing up your LG K20 V Smartphone? For more info about this process, please visit our website at http://spr.ly/6601G6KvV.  Have there been any recent changes with your LG K20 V phone? (e.g., software update, new apps downloaded, etc.) - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
SleepingLion

Yes, I have tried using Content transfer/backup as if I were going to use the data in another device.  This also failed.  Doing the backup with the phone in Safe Mode fails, too.

To answer your other question - my apps are automatically updated on an almost daily basis.  There is no way to tell if any of the updates caused LG backup to fail.  The LG Backup version is 5.40.21.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, SleepingLion. Do you know if any specific apps are causing the back-up to fail? PeterP_VZW

0 Likes