LG Stylo 5, 16GB of 32GB used for system
Burn66

Just purchassed 4 new Stylo 5s from Verison and on everyone 16GB being used for system. Have cleaned apps, pics and anything else I could and it stays at 16GB, Seems excessive and makes phone very low on storage. Is there any way to clean this up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Stylo 5, 16GB of 32GB used for system
UpstateWinds
Contributor - Level 1

Android 9.0 takes up about 15GB space on my Motorola Z3. I think its just the size of the OS, and back up data.

Motorola Z3 on the Verizon network.
0 Likes
Burn66

Android 9 is 1.173GB So I s Verizon filling the rest with bloatware?

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Burn66   That's not correct.  Android Marshmallow was 3.46 gigs.  
If you take pixel phone for example, with 32GB ROM storage, Nougat OS takes up 5.39GB and  Google apps use another 1.39GB.  Total before other paid apps is almost 7 gigs.   
Oreo and pie are just under 7 gigs just for the OS.  The rest of the partition is required ROM for making any updates to software.  The "bloat" in very minimal and much of it can be uninstalled in current phones.  
  Each new android version seems to require more storage, which is why the base models now include more and more storage.  I do fine with 64 gigs internal, but 128 is minimum for many users.  
   Many lower cost phones skimp on storage.  Plan accordingly 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having a phone that has enough memory to use. I would feel the same way as a customer if my storage was always low. With regard to your concerns there's no way to limit the system storage used on this device. In order for it to operate it needs those applications to run. I would suggest getting a SD card to add additional storage to your device. Here is a link which shows you where the SD card is located and how to remove and replace it https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-227736/. Please let us know if this helps. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We totally get where you are coming from, Burn66. However, the System portion of your phone is not related to any of our apps on the phone. That storage section of your phones are only related to the actual System programs of your from Google and LG. 

The information found in System is what is used for your phone to function. You can perform a factory reset on the phone to reduce the size of System storage, if it gets larger. 

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes