Re: LG V60 Dual Screen
Colleentortora
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have not rec my dual screen that was approved aug 17th 2020. I just tried sending email again and of course still won't go through. I only purchased this for the extra screen and due to not rec I know have a broken phone and no dual screen 

Hawk239128
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told I would be receiving the screen by Oct 16th, today is Oct 17th and I don't even have a tracking number yet. I applied and was approved for the promo on August 18th. I only purchased the phone with the promo instead of the Motorola Edge+. If they cannot come through on their end we should be entitled to a refund on the phone since we were lied to and they cannot keep their end of the deal.

PepperoniDogFarts
Enthusiast - Level 2

First it was 3 weeks (already FAR too long to have to wait for fulfillment of an item that you've already paid for and they're contractually obligated to provide). Then they tried to blame covid and said it would be 6 weeks (like the dual screen doubles as a ventilator or something?). No. I could see a few days delay - not a doubling of the entire delivery time. THEN that deadline blows past and I get another reply that it will just be NEXT week. Then that deadline blows past. Still no dual screen, still no tracking number. The LG email address works just fine and I don't need a phone number because I don't want to talk about it. 

When multiple complaints don't get satisfaction it means you're in the wrong to complain -OR- the parties at fault can't or won't do anything to fix the problem. When they won't fix the problem and don't offer at least a TOKEN in the way of restitution, it means they aren't operating in good faith and they love, Love, LOVE it that you're mad. Because getting mad, is SO much better for them, than getting even. Why get high blood pressure from getting mad? Shut up and take it, or do what you have to do to get even. It's not difficult, and it keeps everybody in line. 

And Verizon better get it's act together with its contractual partners, otherwise Big Red will be the one with big, high, blood pressure trying to explain to share holders why all its customers are getting even....

PepperoniDogFarts_0-1603003541389.pngPepperoniDogFarts_1-1603003744358.pngPepperoniDogFarts_2-1603003867829.pngPepperoniDogFarts_3-1603004033363.png

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Colleentortora, 

We are so sorry to hear that your phone is broken. We want to find a good option. Do you have insurance on your phone? 

With regard to the promotion, please email v60dualscreen@promoadmin.com or call 877-504-7512. Their hours are Monday through Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM CT (voicemail outside those hours).

JenelleW_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you get the help you need, we recommend reaching out to LG to review the status of your order at 1-877-504-7512 Mon - Fri, 8 AM - 5 PM CT or at v60dualscreen@promoadmin.com.

0 Likes
PepperoniDogFarts
Enthusiast - Level 2

If that's your solution to getting your customers the help they need, it sounds more like us customers should be concerned about YOU, getting the help YOU need. 

PepperoniDogFarts
Enthusiast - Level 2

>>>

pspahn2

Hi everyone.. Be patient.. I think it took closer to 10 weeks but my dual screen was delivered today.. 

Good luck.. Be healthy.. 

Customer Support

That is great news, pspahn2. Let us know if you need anything else!

<<<

Getting the 2nd half of your phone, 10 weeks after you've paid for ALL of it....   is NOT good news. 

0 Likes
R0wdy18
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue with me and Verizon also sold me insurance that if my screen broke i could get it replaced for 30 bucks. Not the case with this phone.  They do not replace screens but will send a replacement for 199 bucks.  Did you ever get a solution?

PepperoniDogFarts
Enthusiast - Level 2

They didn't even bother to reply to my legal notice. Not surprising. And as yesterday was the deadline I gave them to have the dual screen in my hands - and I don't - today the lawsuit was filed.  Since they're a corporation doing business in CA, LG has a registered agent for service of process - so that'll be quick and easy... and something they can't ignore. Between now and the trial date, which is 5 weeks out, they can make me an offer to settle - but just simply getting the dual screen in my hands at this point, won't cut it. 

Here in California, we have a very robust Consumers Legal Remedies Act, and our small claims courts let you go up to $10,000. The law allows any consumer to bring suit for false or deceptive advertising and to seek restitution for actual damages. And under under civil code §1780(a) of the act, if the false or deceptive advertising can be shown to be intentional or out of indifferent negligence, punitive damages can be sought, with no legislated limit. 

So... LG and Verizon BOTH advertise the 2nd screen to be delivered within a max of 6 weeks. Since the six week deadline has passed, I've gotten 2 mass emails from LG. The first one setting a farther out delivery time due to the corona virus, and when they didn't meet THAT deadline, the 2nd garbage excuse was due to "unforeseen response and demand."

OK so COVID-19 legally buys them a little defense against intentional false advertising. Like maybe 1 WEEK delay - not a doubling of the time advertised. 

"Unforeseen response and demand" is absolute and prima facie garbage. The people making the offer are the same people manufacturing the phone. Did they really think anyone WOULDN'T take up the offer? They knew exactly how many verizon models of the phone they made, so they knew before they ever even made the offer EXACTLY how many dual screens they'd need to have. If they didn't make enough dual screen, or they were gonna make them to order after the fact, then they should have advertised a commensurate delivery time line for it. They didn't. Because they know no one is gonna be impressed with an offer that makes them wait 3-4 months to get the second half of a phone that has a practical lifespan of two years. 

And I just checked... right at this very moment both LG and Verizon are STILL advertising this offer, with a delivery of 6 weeks or less. So that will be impressive to the judge in establishing intentional false advertising, I'm pretty sure. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

R0wdy18, we appreciate you feedback and understand your concerns. With the being considered a premium device, it would have the deductible as all phones are not eligible for screen replacement option. 

-TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes