LG V60 Updates
frett
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can only find information on one software update to the LG V60 on Verizon's site. 

The phone is currently trying to update again. I want to know what the update contains, fixes, etc. before I allow the phone to update.

Is there a changelog page for V60 updates?? 

Labels (1)
Re: LG V60 Updates
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frett, we know the importance of making sure your phone is updated to the latest and greatest software. The newest software version for your LG V60 is . Here's a link with the steps to install the update: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-230005/. You can check with the manufacturer of your phone for more details regarding the update, here:https://www.mylgphones.com/verizon-lg-v60-thinq-5g.html.  TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
frett
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reply, @tanishas_vzw.

However, I wanted to know what the update includes, not how to get it. Also, the link you sent me to at mylgphones.com is not an official LG site, nor are they affiliated with LG. In addition, they have no idea what is included in this software update either! 😞

JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I cannot express the amount of frustration this forum "support" has provided. First of all, the person who posted this obviously does not need instructions on HOW TO install an update that is already pending. In case you are not aware, the manufacture does NOT provide carrier specific updates that they did not get FROM the carrier FIRST. The reason for this is every carrier has their own updates that need to coincide with the system/manufacturer/brand. So technically, LG did NOT create the finished product (in this case software version V600VM10d). Your link does not show ANY information for software V600VM10d, by the way.

So why am I sort of "butting in" right now. Well I actualy installed the latest software version "V600VM10d" but what is dissapointing about this:

• Unlike previous software updates, this does not mention ANY details on what this update is about. The "learn more" link that appears when you complete the install takes us to a general help page that does not mention any information regarding the "fixes" or "updates" to this software patch.
  • I did, however, see a popup about a 2nd screen firmware patch (I have the dual screen option). 
  • This firmware update has actually caused issues with my phone suddenly having random pixels and visual glitches encompass my entire screen. 

Can you guys please escalate this issue to someone who is actually tied to these software updates? Are their other tiers above you? Do you have a supervisor or corporate agent I can discuss this and other issues with my phone with?

frett
Enthusiast - Level 2

@JoeMikeKnight 100% correct on everything you said. This is not an LG release--they are always carrier releases. The support for this phone from Verizon has been absolutely dismal.

If this release is for StrandHogg 2.0 just tell us! Even more reason to install it. But we want to know what you're giving us before your jack our phones up. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
JoeMikeKnight
Contributor - Level 1

I do not understand this reply. You provided instructions on how to install updates. I do not see anyone here requesting update instructions. Can you please explain why you felt we needed this as it appears we were previously aware on how to install updates?