Lg G4 drops wifi?
N0nprofitpuma

Hey guys

So recently my g4 has begun losing the wifi signal every hour or so. I will be connected to the network but nothing will load until I turn off wifi and wait a minute or so then turn it back on. Its eating through my data package. I've tried resetting my router, factory resetting my phone and my modem. Every other wifi device I have has no issues on my wifi. Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Lg G4 drops wifi?
mymainmandeebo
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is happening on my Wife's LG G4 and it's driving her crazy. I'm an IT professional and I have tried everything on my router and it definitely her phone. I also have a G4 and it occasionally on my phone but on her phone it happens multiple times in an hour.  I hope an update is coming because otherwise I'm going to to have to get a new phone for my wife since she's driving me crazy with the issues.

Snn5
Legend

Are you connecting to a router with 5GHz band?  If so, that might be the issue.  Try switching to 2.4GHz.

Justin_m
Enthusiast - Level 2

Its most certainly related to 5ghz band. Mine drops about once an hour on my work wifi which is 5ghz. Was happening at home until I switched to 2.4ghz. Super annoying. Wish VZW would own up to this and produce a fix. So far, I don't see where other carriers are having this trouble. They need to make it right!

Justin_m
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spoke with tech support, who transferred me to a higher level support team member. She acknowledged there is an issue with 5ghz band performance and they are working with LG to resolve. They were very willing to bump me up to the next data plan and credit the difference this month in hopes that it will be resolved shortly via software update. I'm not sure, but at least they are trying to make it right. Follow up call was scheduled. I'll post more as I find out more.

lpascanik
Enthusiast - Level 2

Started having this same problem with my LG G Pad 8.3 LTE  (tablet).   Sporadic dropping a week a go, now nothing...no wifi connection and don't have a large enough data plan to use that continuously.  Tablet wifi keeps "Connecting..." but never connects.... and eventually shows authentication problem.   Other smart devices in the home connect to wifi fine.  Tablet will not connect to other wifi networks at work, etc. either.  Calling tech support again today and asking for next "level" of support. Thanks for posting.!

Justin_m
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's an update:

Wireless on this device is seriously broken in every aspect. I've been battling the 5ghz issue for months now. VZW know its an issue, LG knows it an issue. They credited me for two months but now say they wont do any more and that they will replace the phone free of charge. Then, suddenly I have to buy a new device out of my pocket when I call to get my replacement device. Even went as far as to tell me the G4 doesn't support 5ghz band and that they were sorry that I don't understand how WiFi works. They also refuse to warranty because its a software bug and any additional G4's will have the same issue. So its an issue, but its not an issue...according to them....Totally over it, and their lack of support. Email sent to Lowell.mcadam@Verizon.com (CEO) describing their backhanded insults, lack of support, and acknowledgement of a problem and lack of motivation to resolve the issue.

0 Likes