Lg V60 and the 5g update killing my battery
Mikewho462
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone else experienced slow internet speeds and significant battery drain since the update on 10/27/2020?  My phone was flawless up until the 27th now my internet is slow and I have to charge a couple times a day.  I could have just kept my old s8+ and saved the 1000 bucks.  I chatted with a vzw rep on the my Verizon support and that was a waste of time.  I did do a factory data rest last night and it hasn't fixed anything.  If Verizon breaks your phone with an update after 3 months can we still return the phone?  Before I got disconnected from the chat with the vzw agent they did mention a update repair tool, has anyone used this before with any success? 

Labels (1)
Tags (5)
Re: Lg V60 and the 5g update killing my battery
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Slow data speeds is not the experience we want for any of our customers and we're here to help. I apologize for your inconvenience. We've noted your reference to having contacted our Chat Team and the troubleshooting steps you've completed. Let's work together to get this matter resolved. How long have you been experiencing service issues with slow data speed? Is this happening while you're indoors, outdoors, or both? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
jpfinancial
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the same problem since updating yesterday.  Hope you get a good answer!  I'll be following...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want your device to have great battery life, and a proper connection. Have you tried any troubleshooting on your own since the issue first started, and if so, what have you tried so far? 

AlfredoR_VZW

Mikewho462
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I've reset my phone with the same result.  I think the key issue is a very weak "5G" really 4.5G but I digress is the leading factor.  Over the last 2 nights at work I've been on 4G LTE and the battery life has been great like it use to be.  I guess maybe the 5G tower is down? So that kind of means the issue is on Verizon's end with their bad 5G coverage. 

0 Likes