Lg g3 video playing issue
ZTP

I recorded my kids piano recital today on the original camera app for the LG g3. When I go to play it back I get a file error that says file not supported, download file and play from the Internet Explorer.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: Lg g3 video playing issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to play the video of those precious memories on your phone any time you want [removed]. When was the last time that you recorded video on your phone and were able to watch it on it? Have you installed/updated any application/software since you were able to do this last? Is there any physical/water damage to the phone? You indicate that you get a file not supported error, what file type is your video?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ZTP

I got the phone 2 months ago and do not know if have watched a recorded video on it.

I am not sure what type of file it is. It says download the file and watch it from your internet browser. The problem is I recorded it on the phone and I do not think it can be downloaded. I am not sure but I have typically auto updated the phone when our prompted. I am not sure if it is out of date though.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, ZTP. When you're playing the video, it's in the gallery, correct? Did you use the default recording application?

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

X

anielK_ZW FZWlow us on TWITTER @ZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

XX

0 Likes
ZTP

Yes the from the gallery and yes, the default camera/recording app.

[removed]

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

Thank you,

Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ZTP, we appreciate that clue. You mentioned that you recieved an error message that advised you to download and play that video with Internet Explorer. DId you try that?

LasinaHaH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ZTP

I recorded it directly on my phone. Not sure what is even meant by download file.  The message is prompted when I am in the Camera/video recording app and try to press the triangular play icon.  There is no option that I can find that says download.

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the steps you have to troubleshoot, ZTP. Have you tested a new video taken after the recital? Are you actively backing up new media via Cloud service?
YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
ZTP

All videos are the same.  They do not play and I think they never had since we started with Verizon. I am unaware of if they are backed up on the cloud or not.

[Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly unusal, ZTP. Are you able to watch videos on any other platform? For example, can you watch videos on Youtube from your phone? Also, when connected to WiFi, please try selecting file, (vide), and upload to an email, or possibly Facebook, (if you can), and see if you can play/view there. Please keep us posted.

VanessaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes