Re: Lg g4 marshmallow issues
DavidNJ
Enthusiast - Level 2

This problem is apparently a proximity sensor calibration issue. It manifests itself in not waking up and the screen going blank the instant a call is connected.

There is a way to recalibrate it, but requires access to a "hidden menu". Can you tell us how to recalibrate it?

0 Likes
JAG84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm gonna have to say it's the sensor as well. From my experiences since the update, I have most of the problems when there is little to no light. In mornings when my alarms is going off I can't wake the phone to turn off the alarm without taking it apart, or getting out of bed and turning a light on. The sensor seems to pick up the light and I can magically wake the phone. I still have issues when there is a well lit place, but most of the time is when there is not much light.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAG84, we need to get this situation into the right lite. It's time to we get you in a more personal session so that we can take a better look at the problem. Please send us a private message by visiting our Facebook page or sending us a DM to ______@VZWSupport on Twitter. This way we can further assist you.  

RalphT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Speedy1gon
Enthusiast - Level 3

i dont have twitter (nor want it) an i dont really have time to be messing around with my cell phone an guessing at best for a resolving  it.  maybe tell higher ups in tech support that we are having issues an should be address with

an update to that now. I've having new issues with camera i take photos but it will not store them it gives me an image like there no image  on my gallery what that all about

0 Likes
JAG84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't use it or facebook either. I shouldn't have to send a message through those sources when the support should be coming from here on the Verizon site. Maybe I'll just go to the retail outlet and see if they can do something for me.

0 Likes
Skc78

It seems to have the most trouble waking when connected to wifi. (Maybe that's just when I want to use it most.) So about 70% of the time it won't wake. Even if someone calls my phone the screen won't wake so I miss the call. The only way to respond to messages if I'm not around a plug is to take out the battery and restart the phone. Why do I pay so much for phone service if I can't use it?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You don't have to use Twitter or Facebook to talk to customer support. (That just seems to be their default and forum signatures here.)  You can call 1-800-922-0204 to get them.  You can also wait for them to send you a Direct Message (DM) through the forum or you can send a follow request through the community to the individual username of the rep (not the generic Verizon Wireless Customer Support name).

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Speedy1gon,

A software update is designed to improve your device. It saddens me to hear that this did not happen with your recent update to Marshmallow. Your time is extremely valuable and receiving assistance with troubleshooting your device should be simple. We can always troubleshoot here in the community forums, our Facebook and Twitter teams provide additional ways to reach our customer service support as well. Lets get all your issues fixed asap. I have sent a Direct Message to your  username, please respond back to the Direct Message.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JAG84,

Help is right here, no need to travel to a store or social media. Let’s get to work. How can I help out today?

KatiM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAG84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having issues with the screen waking. Have to plug it in or take battery out to make it wake. It's normally when there is little to no light, but occurs when there is light as well. I'd say it's 90% of the time when I have issues, there is little light on the room. When I get calls or if the alarm goes off there is nothing on the screen. When I do take calls, often the phone screen stays on. When it does turn off though, it takes about 5-10 seconds to turn back on. No other issues.

0 Likes