Lg stylo 5 video chat sound
Chrissy8520
Enthusiast - Level 1

So I bought a lg stylo 5 prepaid phone Friday and almost every time I video chat through the phone settings with my boyfriend (instead of a voice chat we do the video chat) a few minutes in, he says he cant hear me but i can hear him.  I tried the audio recorder my mic is working not dirty. I have good service both with Wi-Fi and mobile data. On regular calls and duo theres no issues.

Any ideas? Does it sound like its his phone? He does have a samsung Galaxy s7

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lg stylo 5 video chat sound
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to video chat with your boyfriend without issue, Chrissy8520. To clarify, are you only having this problem when video chatting with him? Is he able to hear other people on video chat?

KourtneyC_VZW

0 Likes
Chrissy8520
Enthusiast - Level 1

He doesnt video chat with anyone else but me so im not 100% sure.

And we have determined it only is a probably when we video chat through the phone calling section (instead of voice calling). It doesn't happen with duo. No issues with duo

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting me know, Chrissy8520. Have you tried checking the device setting to make sure the in call volume is set correctly? Also, do you know if your devices operating software is running the latest version? Lastly, I would also recommend having him check his settings as well, as this may be an issue with his device, and we would also want to rule this out as well.  AlfredoR_VZW

0 Likes
Chrissy8520
Enthusiast - Level 1

Both phones volumes are set on and both phone systems are up to date.i

I also want to add that it doesnt matter if I have headset with microphone plugged in or not. It still randomly happens where he cant hear me. It only happens with the Verizon video chat. Not on duo or the WhatsApp video chat. Just the Verizon video chat via the phone app (where you can either do vpice call or video chat). Also theres times where video chat isnt available.  Even when we go througj the phone calling portion. Both of us will get a pop up where it says its unavailable or unable to video chat. We both have ir turned on and full service via Verizon data and Wi-Fi

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for sharing that information, we sincerely appreicate it. Being able to Video Chat is essential, and we are here to help. Can you please tell us a little more? What is the make and model for you device? Does your boyfriend have Verizon service as well? 

RachelM_VZW

0 Likes
Chrissy8520
Enthusiast - Level 1

LG stylo 5 prepaid my boyfriend also has verizon. Je has a Samsung Galaxy s7. Contract service

Theres times when both of gets a pop up saying video chat isnt available when its also enabled on our phones. Happens regardless of being connected to Wi-Fi or 4g LTE. It just happened a few minutes ago on my phone. Connected to Wi-Fi turned Wi-Fi off to switch to Verizon data and it still popped up with full service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you very much for sharing all these important details. We will be glad to help you get your audio during video calls working properly. The following link will help you make sure your device's volume is properly adjusted. http://spr.ly/660317hyU
Also, could you please try restarting your device and test your video calls once again?

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes