Lock Screen has no Icons, How to fix?
JasonMoran
Enthusiast - Level 2

Whether I go through settings or long press the lower right buttons to bring up the Lock Screen settings - and whether I have widgets enabled or not, I have no shortcuts on the lock screen.

If I go to "Shortcuts" I see an image of my lock screen with a clock/date on it. Below it are 5 icons with a "settings gear" on their top right corners. If I click one I can pick a different app. I can save and change them.

However, the ACTUAL lock screen only has the time/date, a "square" area (outlined at 4 corners, about 1/3 of the size of the screen) and at the bottom is the Emergency call button.

One time, and I dunno how - I did see the correct lock screen shown. Why does it always show this "Emergency call" version instead?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lock Screen has no Icons, How to fix?
JasonMoran
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I've figured it at least part way out:  I had a Knock Code.  I'm not sure why the shortcuts go away when there is a knock code enabled.

If I change it to none or swipe, the shortcut icons return. If it's another type that eats up a bit more screen real estate, they go away. I'm not sure why these other unlock options need to take up so much space on the giant screen.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JasonMoran
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I've figured it at least part way out:  I had a Knock Code.  I'm not sure why the shortcuts go away when there is a knock code enabled.

If I change it to none or swipe, the shortcut icons return. If it's another type that eats up a bit more screen real estate, they go away. I'm not sure why these other unlock options need to take up so much space on the giant screen.

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

I dont have a Knock Code & my Icons on lock screen are missing as well. Was wondering because of the Emergency call icon being there. Can someone advise how to add these back?

0 Likes
JasonMoran
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my testing almost all of the "password" options (knock code, pattern,

pin, password...) don't show the lock screen shortcut icons. The only ones

that do are no password at all or the "Swipe" option. I'd also like to put

a widget directly on the lock screen instead of on a 2nd "lock screen" to

the left.

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Yofish4fun <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

U right about password screens.  Hvnt tried lock screen to left.  Have to read up on how to do that. 

Have you tried to pull up two websites on dual widow? Can't get that to work either.  Can't get the website icon to enable to drag up or down when the 1st website icon already in one window

0 Likes
JasonMoran
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bet it will only work with two different browsers

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried with one & two different browsers...no success. 

0 Likes
Yofish4fun
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke with LG rep today. She confirmed the widgets will not appear on any lock screen that requires a pattern. She also advised being able to view two websites @ same time on the dual window is not supported by the VZW version of the LG G3.

0 Likes