Lollipop Update
Arbiter685
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Updater last night for Lollipop 5.0.1 on my LG G3. Now it runs slow, overheats and battery drainage is ridiculous. Battery app says the biggest battery consumer is the Andriod System at 26%! From a full charge I went from 100% battery to 65% in just 3 hours!! KitKat was much better. I could go the whole day and only be at 50%. C'mon Verizon, get it together. My G3 is almost useless unless I keep it plugged in.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lollipop Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

possum5,

We understand needing and wanting a device that is fully functional. Given the array off issues you are having the best step would be to perform a factory reset. We truly appreciate all the steps you have taken thus far. Please perform a factory reset and keep us posted on the results after the reset.

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Snn5
Legend

Did you reset to factory before or after the update, if at all?

0 Likes
Arbiter685
Enthusiast - Level 2

No. There was no instruction to do so. It just came up and said it wanted to do a system update.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

At this point I suggest you backup what you can and factory reset.

0 Likes
Arbiter685
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay, but, I've read elsewhere that a Factory Reset does nothing. I'll try it in a little while. Thanks.

scods1018
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have reset my phone too, to try and see if that would help with all of the issues I am now having since this update.  It still does not work.

0 Likes
Arbiter685
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've never felt my G3 get this warm. Also, it no longer displays that I have email. Its been 2 hrs since last full charge and down to 72% already. This update really sucks. Verizon is not on my happy list right now.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Updates are meant to improve your device Arviter685. I regret to learn of the difficulties you are experiencing with the recent update. After updating the software on your phone, it can take a couple days for your battery to normalize. If you still experience battery issues after three days, keep us updated for further assistance. Does your phone run slow only when accessing certain applications? Did you reinstall all third party apps on the phone after the update?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Arbiter685
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phones runs slower on just about everything. Especially when opening the Quick Circle Cover, takes about 4 seconds for the display to come on, where before it was instantly on. There was no need to reinstall any 3rd party apps, everything was still there. I'll wait a couple of days as you suggest but judging by all the other complaints about this across multiple phone manufacturers, I doubt it will help. I know updates are meant to improve. Maybe Verizon needs to do more testing to get the bugs out before shipping it out to everyone. Its not like its just me with the problem. Thanks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
scods1018,

We want you to be able to enjoy your device again. What exact issues you are having since the software update on your device? Please provide details.

LindseyT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes