MMS not working after MM update.. recipients get a video that doesn't play when I try to send a pic.
Johmbie

sending pics after marshmallow update through Google Messenger, or stock messenger (I tried) is broken

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: MMS not working after MM update.. recipients get a video that doesn't play when I try to send a pic.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johmbie being able to send those pictures and videos is important. When trying to send the pictures are you getting any error messages? Is your Google Messenger application updated since the software update? Are you able to receive video messages from other individuals?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: MMS not working after MM update.. recipients get a video that doesn't play when I try to send a pic.
Johmbie

I went in and made sure all my apps were updated.. so now the pics are going through but they are very grainy, not like the original picture at all.. very low def.. suggestions??

0 Likes
Johmbie

Pics are still sometimes being sent as blank mp4.. And when they do go through the quality is TERRIBLE, like you can't read the text if there is any... PLEASE HELP

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johmbie - We definitely want to ensure your pictures are going thru for you. Let's continue to work together to figure this out. Please perform the following steps:  http://vz.to/1pnKu1R. Once completed, go into Settings>Application Manager>then swype right to left to go to All apps (versus the Downloaded Apps list) and then scroll down until you see the Camera application and then tap on it and choose Clear Data. Next, power off the device and then immediately power it back on and retest your picture messages. Keep us posted with your results.

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Johmbie

Followed the instructions.. Still not working.. Extra info: The mp4 thing happens when I try to share something with TimeHop.. Pics are just very low quality..

0 Likes
Johmbie

Would REALLY appreciate some further help on this as the last suggestion did not fix the problem.. thanks!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We both had hoped for better results. We are not giving up. With this occuring in multiple apps I would like to test one other thing. Try emailing a photo and see if the same thing happens? Let us know what happens.

DerekRRVZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Johmbie

emailing the photo works fine.. high quality photo comes through

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Johnbie,

I know the importance of sending a photo to loved ones. Just to clarify, are you taking the photos in a high resolution format/size? Try changing the file size in your settings and then send the photo through text. Keep us updated on your progress.
JasperM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes