Marshmallow: sync issues on WiFi
jewbles
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having sync issues over WiFi since the update to Marshmallow. This is similar to what others and I experienced with Lollipop, described here LG G3 lollipop update - no app or email notifications while on WiFi.

When on WiFi, I'm not getting Gmail push notifications and new emails are not shown in the Gmail app until I manually refresh it. Google Calendar and Contacts aren't syncing either. Everything works correctly on 4G.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I haven't had a chance to try some of the workarounds from the Lollipop issue, I've just stayed off WiFi this morning.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Marshmallow: sync issues on WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jewbles,

Oh no! Software updates are supposed to make your phone function better, not worse. Let’s work on this together. I’m glad to hear that everything is working on our network! Have you been able to delete your wifi off the phone & re-add it? Have you been able to contact your home internet provider asking them any questions? What make & model phone do you have?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jmbuys77
Enthusiast - Level 1

Are you using Comcast for your internet/wifi?  I am avoiding 6.0 until I hear if the wifi frustrations of 5.0.1 are back that weren't fixed until 5.1.1...can't deal w/ that again

0 Likes
jewbles
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far this it's been hotel WiFi (didn't think to check ISP) and a Verizon Jetpack. When I'm home tonight it'll be TWC but I'm not expecting anything different. I hope Verizon can confirm this and get a fix out faster than last time. I don't remember how long we waited for 5.1.1 but it seemed like forever.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jewbles,

Oh no! Software updates are supposed to make your phone function better, not worse. Let’s work on this together. I’m glad to hear that everything is working on our network! Have you been able to delete your wifi off the phone & re-add it? Have you been able to contact your home internet provider asking them any questions? What make & model phone do you have?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ninelives1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am not, but did experience it with the 5.0.1 update. That was horrible. I hope you find it works when you get home.

0 Likes
Jecf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes  it seems very similar to the same issue with the lollipop update.   I have now had to turn off wifi permanently.

It's kind of disappointing that they released another version with the same issue.   You would think somebody Doyle have kept an eye of the second time around.

0 Likes
jewbles
Enthusiast - Level 2

I removed all WiFi networks saved on my device. I've added three of them back and notifications seem to be working. I haven't noticed any problems in the couple of days since I did this.