I cannot send any messages.  They all get stuck in sending mode.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Andy782 wrote:

I cannot send any messages.  They all get stuck in sending mode.

Are you using VZW Message+?  What version?  Using WiFi or Cell data? Have you tried uninstalling (clearing data/cache) and re-installing?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Inspector_Gadget
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem in addition to not receiving any messages unless I restart my phone, then I might receive something.  I am using the Verizon Messages+ app by default.  I have the latest version.  I have tried uninstalling/force stopping, deleting the cache, deleting the data, then restarting the phone.  Nothing has worked.  Tried using another messaging app but had the same results. 

All of this seemed to start around 3 or 4 December.  I wasn't aware of the depth of the problem till 6 December.  I went to my local VZ store to complain, thinking it was a phone problem.  I was told the VZ SMS service was not functioning properly.  However, I'm unable to find any corroborating evidence.  Except for the fact others are having the same problem, it would appear VZ doesn't want to admit the issue or announce expected repair times.  

Does anyone have other recent experiences with this issue?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Inspector_Gadget, the last thing we want is for you to have continued problems with texting. Verizon is currently experiencing a known issues with all LG model phones where you're unable to send/receive texts. We understand this is not the response or information that you want to hear. Please know our technicians are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
CoronadoP
Enthusiast - Level 1

How soon can we expect a resolution? This is very frustrating that we can't even use our phones when necessary. 

I haven't been able to receive or send messages and this is necessary for my job. I also use the Message+ app on a LG phone. I've done the whole restart, clear cache, etc, etc. 

Please provide an update as to when this should be resolved.

0 Likes
Inspector_Gadget
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you Alicia D for acknowledging the problem.  I was just about to try a Factory Restart. But, after reading this, that all LG phones are impacted, I now know that the restart will not be effective. As the follow-on customer has requested, does Verizon have an estimated repair time frame?

0 Likes
Inspector_Gadget
Enthusiast - Level 2

For anyone following this Message thread:  Verizon seems to have found and repaired the issue. On another link, I saw that the fault was associated with a "Carrier Servies" update. I made several updates this morning then performed a hard restart (power button + down volume button). After the updates and restart, I received 80 messages. So, it appears to be fixed. Hopefully, it remains so.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear of any issues with sending a message. What model LG phone do you have? When did this issue start? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CoronadoP, we are concerned to hear you are having problems with your messages. We are happy to assist in any way possible. Does this happen with your default messaging app as well? Are you having troubles with any message regardless of the recipient? Any issues with calls or data?

-Joshua

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're having reports that the issue should be fixed. Have you updated your device, as well as your apps?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes